Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-11 21:49:23

**_Needhelp_**

Program not in listed Applications

I am using Connect Pro and I am trying to share a program that I have loaded on my computer called MetaStock but for some reason, it is not listed in the Application menu. The frustrating thing is that any other program that I load seems to show up under the Applications list. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get Connect Pro to find this Application program?

Thank you for your help.

#2 2009-03-12 07:36:31

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Program not in listed Applications

Instead of Application Sharing, try simply Desktop Sharing and open MetaStock.

#3 2009-03-12 13:18:55

**_Needhelp_**

Thank you for your response. I've tried that and it does work but the real problem is that when I record the session for later playback, there is a delay on the audio. Meaning that the audio lags the video by anywhere from 3 to 5 seconds which people complain about. The reason I want to share it through an Application is that through my own testing, I have found that when I load a program by choosing it through the Application, there is no lag whatsoever between the audio and the video when I play back the recording.

I have spent countless hours working on this and hours on the phone with tech support at Adobe. What we have narrowed it down to is Windows Vista for some reason doesn't recognize my MetaStock program as an Application. So that's my next question, is there a way that you or anyone knows of to make Vista recognize a program as an application?

Thanks again.

#4 2009-03-12 13:32:12

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Quick question in regards to MetaStock.

After doing a little a little research on the application itself, which version of the software are you using?

#5 2009-03-12 21:55:21

**_Needhelp_**

I have both the end of day 10.1 version and the real-time 10.1 version. I've tried both and neither shows up in the Application list.

Thanks.

#6 2009-03-12 22:09:40

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Well, seeing as you're running the current version of the software, I'm not sure what to say. All I can say is that I know from experience that there's a serious difference between applications that are 21nma8z.jpg and those that are 29se80.jpg.

The difference is that if they're designed for XP but Vista compatible, they don't run optimized on Vista. But if the application has separate versions for XP and Vista, they usually run optimized on both platforms because they're separate altogether - therefore, certified for Vista.

In all honesty, I agree with Adobe Support. I suggest contacting Equis Support & Technical Support with your quandary.

Last edited by **_Jeff_at_RealEyes_** (2009-03-12 22:10:15)

#7 2009-03-12 22:29:18

**_Needhelp_**

Will do. Thanks for your input.

The whole reason I am trying to do this is because the audio lags the video on the recordings. Do you or does anyone else have any suggestions on dealing with this problem? Maybe there's a different way to go about this problem??

Board footer