Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-11 10:21:11

**_sarah_bikes_**

Captivate 3 PPT Import

I was recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007 and the import into CP changes the format settings on import. The most obvious example is adjusting the margins of bulleted lists. If you manually adjust the margins, CP ignores those adjustments on import.

I did a large amount of importing from PPT to CP 6 months ago, and never had a problem. I was recently upgraded to MS Office 2007, so I think there must be some new functionality with PPT that CP doesn't like. I have CP 3, but I have seen this same issue on a CP 4 user.

#2 2009-03-11 10:22:30

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Captivate 3 PPT Import

Try saving your 07 PPT build as a 03 .PPT file and see if that resolves the issues.

#3 2009-03-11 10:25:48

**_sarah_bikes_**

I have to save as a regular ppt (not pptx) because CP won't even recognize a pptx for import.

#4 2009-03-18 10:12:42

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The two resolutions that would probably work best for you would be to either upgrade to CP 4 or acquire Presenter.

In the end I have never been a fan of importing PPT files into Cp, since you loose so much functionality and control. You could always re-create the PPT slides in Cp and go down that route. However, with Presenter being a plug in to PPT itself, it works much better with retaining the PPT format and look than Cp.

#5 2009-12-15 04:59:36

**_marryjohnson_**

I am trying to import a PowerPoint presentation that has Flash animation embedded into Captivate 4.0, but when I do, the animation comes in as a blank screen. What do I need to do to make the conversion work properly?

#6 2010-01-04 20:24:45

**_Captiv8r_**

Hi there

If you have a Flash Animation, why not use the Captivate feature that allows you to insert the Flash Animation instead of relying on it arriving by way of PowerPoint?

Click Insert > Animation and point at the SWF to bring it in.

Cheers... Rick :)

Board footer