Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-08 18:24:06

**_karl.wilkie_**

Adobe Connect over PA system

I am having an audio issue with a couple users during a breeze session.  We are using a PA system to broadcast the audio from outlying participants to our large conference room.  Several users breakup while talking, but only over the PA system.  While listening over the headset, audio is fine and the other outlying participants can hear the conversation just fine.  What could be the possible cause for my problem and how can I fix it.  I was looking at Voice on multiple speakers vs. one speaker, but it seems to be a problem with the computer that is used to broadcast the audio over the PA system.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
Karl

#2 2009-03-10 02:35:24

**_michael_**

Re: Adobe Connect over PA system

The fact that it sounds fine while using a headset suggests its a problem with the PA system.  Are the volume levels set properly on the PA?  Verify by playing something non-Connect through it.

#3 2009-03-10 03:54:08

**_karl.wilkie_**

PA system works fine, we hook an iPod up to it and play music 5 min before the briefing.  No breaks.  It's very strange, but happened again today and my boss wasn't happy.  We are going to change out computers and possibly cables.  Easy fixes, I hope.  I appreciate the help, I let you know how it turns out.

Karl

#4 2009-03-10 07:58:27

**_gajett_**

Karl,
This sounds like a problem w/ levels.  Since your PA seems to work fine w/ music from an ipod as source, i'd look at the levels from Connect into the PA.  Both too little signal and too much signal can cause this problem.

greg

#5 2009-03-12 09:52:59

**_mstork_**

It could be that you are sending a line level input into a microphone input.
You may have to buy a Direct box or a preamp.
Is it distorting too?

#6 2009-03-12 13:23:46

**_CCWWW_**

I have had this problem.  What my solution was was to have all the participants turn their silence level to zero (audio set-up wizard> advance settings> step 5).

Board footer