Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-04 15:30:45

**_jlevy_**

SWF won't play

I generated a SWF in Captivate and uploaded it to Connect Content, but it won't play.  I did not use the publish to Connect, instead I generated the SWF and uploaded it through the Connect Admin dialog.  It is set to be publically viewed.

The one this morning, shows the default pre-load thermometer, goes up to 10% (my pre-load threshold), shows the player skin (again, default), but then gets stuck.

If I play the SWF on my local machine, it works fine.

Any thoughts?

#2 2009-03-04 16:42:57

**_jlevy_**

Re: SWF won't play

Update:  it does play, but only after a very long time.  Seems like it is getting confused on the pre-load.

#3 2009-03-04 17:24:18

**_quinn_**

Is this happening on a licensed install or the hosted system?   It sounds like it could be related to network connectivity.

#4 2009-03-04 17:29:51

**_jlevy_**

The adobe hosted system (ignore the name in the path, it is an SWF):

http://auctionpay.na3.acrobat.com/mac_pt1_flv

Funny thing is ... this one works fine:

http://auctionpay.na3.acrobat.com/mac_live_part2

#5 2009-03-06 13:56:31

**_jlevy_**

More of what I learned.  I took a look at the Bandwidth Monitor for each of the two very similar projects.  I noticed that the entire audio is loading with the first slide on the problematic one.

I used the same technique on both (I believe), adding the audio to the first slide and then using the edit function to set the next slide points.  How come one split up the audio and the other didn't?

Thoughts?  Thanks!

#6 2009-03-06 18:37:16

**_jlevy_**

I tried a different technique.  This time I went into the library of the old problematic project and exported the individual audio files (1 for each slide).  Then, I started a new project and this time added an individual audio file for each slide, letting the slide duration expand to the audio file.

Same or similar result in the final published SWF.  This time, the first slide contained the audio for slides 1 & 2 and the 3rd slide had the audio for the remaining 28 slides.  This sucks.

Isn't there any control over how the optimizer packages the audio?

#7 2009-03-10 11:19:54

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

That almost sounds like how Presenter is intended to work. The loading screen shows as the first 3 slides load and then 1 slide is pre-loaded in the background every 3 seconds. That may explain why the audio for the remaining slides is showing on the 3rd slide, but shouldn't affect the playback.

In the pre-loading options (the settings menu in Presenter) did you turn on either of the options there? Both will cause a delay in playback because Presenter is waiting to fully load the content before playback.

Board footer