Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-26 14:50:15

**_robert.l.mann_**

Survey: Go back and change answer previous survey questions within sam

When a user is within a survey, is it reasonable to expect that the user would want to go back and reassess the response answers and change them before exiting the quiz boundary.

Imagine this case...

There are 6 survey questions (no right or wrong answers).
Backward movement is allowed within the survey (quiz settings)

- Adam has entered the survey and has answered question 1-4.

- Then on question 5, Adam realizes he has been more emotional about his previous responses and would like to go back to questions 1-4 and reevaluate and change his answers.

- As Adam navigates backwards, the previous (single response multiple choice) answers are grayed-out, and Adam is not able to make changes. So he continues on to answer the remaining questions (5 and 6).

- Adam then tries to reenter the survey, but the status of his participation is now  in review mode when any new responses will not be recorded.

We have tried to provide this functionality via Adobe Presenter (v7) but have run into the scenario described above.

Any suggestions or comments...

#2 2009-02-27 14:13:34

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Survey: Go back and change answer previous survey questions within sam

Use the surveys as content not courses. This won't track the individual user, but it will allow someone to go back and re-submit their answers later. Short of that, I don't believe there is a way to allow the user to change their answers after "Submitting" them via the Continue button.

#3 2009-02-27 14:45:33

**_robert.l.mann_**

My objective was to allow a user to change an answer within the same viewing session.
This also cant' be accomplished when the survey is viewed as "content".

Do you think Captivate would accomodate this?

#4 2009-02-27 16:48:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I doubt it as Presenter and Captivate use the same quiz engine.

#5 2011-08-18 20:02:57

**_adamkuhn21_**

I also experienced that situation when I filled out the questionnaires from Peak Potentials Training. It's sad that I couldn't go back and change my answers but that's life.

Board footer