Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-25 13:51:21

**_RS_**

captivate 4 first impressions

got plenty of experience with Presenter 7. decided to check out captivate 4 and noticed a couple things right away. wondering if anyone has the solutions for these issues.

1) If I hide a slide in Presenter, i can still put instructions on another slide that directs the user to the hidden slide if needed.  with captivate, if i hide a slide, the program says "this slide has dependencies on it, and they will be moved to the next slide in sequence."

So if i've got hidden slides in a captivate presentation, and i'm not allowed to jump the user to a hidden slide, how can i get the user to a hidden slide?

2) Quizzing seems to be managed differently. With Presenter, i can incorporate several 'quizzes' in the same presentation (whether theyre one question or 100). Each of these quizzes has their own properties, pass/fail options, etc. You can click "add quiz" to create as many as you want.

For Captivate, there doesnt seem to be an explicit way to add multiple quizzes.  You can create multiple question pools, but it seems like the Quiz Preferences you select are applicable across all questions. Thus the total number of questions in the presentation would count as 'one' quiz. How can we distinguish multiple quizzes on the same presentation using Captivate?

Board footer