Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-19 19:21:14

**_floyddavenport_**

Recurring Failure and Restart

We recently had a meeting with about 150 attendees.  The meeting was starting fine when we realized no one was entering the room... evidently, we were experiencing the pre-SP2 bug of hanging on entry.  I'm hopeful that SP2 will resolve this issue.

However, when we did restart Connect, everyone began entering the meeting all at the same time.  When this occurred, Connect would hang and restart, then it would rinse and repeat.  We couldn't break the cycle.

We had to cancel the meeting... and slowly Connect began working just fine.

Looking at the logs, it appears Connect was timing out talking to the database (on a separate server) and that caused a restart.  We have held larger meetings in the past with no problem, but never where all the participants entered all at the same time.

Since, we have increased the number of available connections to our SQL Server.  I'm hoping this will resolve the issue.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem?

Thanks,

Floyd Davenport

#2 2009-02-20 11:44:17

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Recurring Failure and Restart

I have not heard of this one, but something like this happening doesn't surprise me.  With so many people trying to log on at once, system probably couldn't figure out what to do.  With our live events, we open the room about 10 min before the presentation start, so people trickle in.  I don't think we have seen a mass group try to log in at the same time.

-Chris

#3 2009-02-26 11:46:42

**_connectguy_**

Hi Floyd,

Did you notice any lock timeouts or deadlocks in the debug log file? 
What about an abundant number of slow query messages? 

As Chris mentioned, opening a room ahead of time would go a long way to preventing this from happening.

#4 2009-02-26 11:54:06

**_floyddavenport_**

We do normally start meetings early... in fact, for large meetings, I've learned its best to have the larger PowerPoints up so they can be distributed as attendees enter a meeting.

In this case, it was because we had to restart that so many were entering the room all at the same time.

The only thing we saw in the log files... looked like database timeouts.  So we increased the max number of database connections.

So far, the problem has not reocurred.  We will wait till another really large (200) meeting to see.

thanks for your comments.

Board footer