Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#51 2009-03-11 15:41:00

**_Shelley_**

Re: VOIP audio drops increase after SP2

Our next live broadcast is Thursday. I will report results here that afternoon.

#52 2009-03-11 16:12:47

**_et_**

Hi @roysdenc and @Shelley - thanks for replying.  I'm sorry your having a less than optimal experience with support; I can follow up with them if you can provide me one of your ticket numbers or even your account's domain (direct/private message is best).

Also, let me know if you're interested in testing one of your VoIP meetings on another cluster in a different location to see if it makes a difference in your VoIP experience.  I would be happy to set this up for you.

ET

#53 2009-03-12 14:46:29

**_Shelley_**

Results from today's broadcast: We had a smaller audience than usual (60 vs. 200+).  We used a pre-recorded Presenter deck for the first 75 minutes, went to VOIP for live Q&A only in the last 15 minutes.

The speaker fumbled getting his microphone on, unfortunately.  Once that was working, we had only a few minor audio gaps, nothing like the 5-10 second lapses we've experienced before.

Trouble is, the Q&A portion of the broadcast recording is now mangled.  I'll be calling Adobe support shortly to report it.  *Sigh.*

#54 2009-03-12 15:19:00

**_roysdenc_**

I just finished a simple 15 min recording using CP Meeting that had just me and a single presenter and had multiple drops of 5+ seconds.  I will be sending this log file to Adobe as well.

-Chris

#55 2009-03-12 15:24:41

**_CCWWW_**

Shelley- what do you mean...."Trouble is, the Q&A portion of the broadcast recording is now mangled"?  Can you explain?  Were the using particpants using webcams?  Were they paused?

#56 2009-03-12 16:32:55

**_Shelley_**

Catherine, the voices recorded during Q&A overlap each other. The speaker starts answering a question 30 seconds before the moderator asks it!  No webcams, just USB headsets.

#57 2009-03-12 18:37:54

**_bbjawer_**

Shelley, this is a known bug.  In trying to address the VoIP issues, Adobe created a VoIP hotfix that causes the voices to overlap in recordings with multiple speakers.  I'm told they are working on a fix to that problem.  We have been caught by this problem multiple times.

#58 2009-03-12 18:45:12

**_Shelley_**

Yes, Matt Rock (Adobe support consultant) emailed me about that known bug a couple of hours ago.  No word yet on whether the mangled recording can be straightened out, or if it's a total loss.

Is this hotfix going to be un-hotfixed in Friday's scheduled maintenance?

#59 2009-03-12 20:18:03

**_et_**

@Shelley - This Friday's maintenance window is focused on the database tier.  I will see if I can find out more about the recording issue and timing.

On a different note, I'm glad to hear the VoIP was better in your meeting earlier today.  Let me know if you're open to open to doing some testing on another cluster to see if there's any improvement, as add'l data in this area could help our investigation.

#60 2009-03-12 21:01:20

**_Shelley_**

@Eric Yes, I DM'd you about that. Probably our April 9th broadcast would be best for testing.  Contact me offline.  Thanks!

#61 2009-03-13 10:24:05

**_roysdenc_**

ET - I would be interested as well.  So you know, my current case number is 180760226 for my audio issues.

-Chris

#62 2009-03-16 09:35:24

**_bherrmann_**

I have an event this afternoon so I will let you know how it goes.  Adobe folks - my case number is 180752387.

#63 2009-03-23 08:44:45

**_bbjawer_**

Hello, no posts in a week.  Anyone still having some problems using VoIP.  We still are having VoIP problems  (pauses, static) on NA3.

#64 2009-03-23 08:54:09

**_bherrmann_**

Last week - same issues as always.  Is everyone having problems on na3 server?

#65 2009-03-23 09:07:55

**_bbjawer_**

We ran a few sessions on NA4 to see if it would make a difference, but it didn't - we had similar VoIP issues.

#66 2009-03-23 10:19:48

**_bherrmann_**

I tried na4 with great results.  I was playing a music mp3, a 5 minute flv and using a webcam on a wireless and all worked great - no gaps reported by my users.  I was hopeful that the na3 server was our problem.

#67 2009-03-23 10:31:32

**_bbjawer_**

We actually had better results on NA2 than either NA3 or NA4.  I wish Adobe had some better answers on what was causing these issues and how they can be resolved.  It seems somewhat random as to which server cluster resolves the issue.  And, there is no "guarantee" that if you move to a new cluster that it will permantely fix the problem.   You begin to lose confidence that Adobe has a real handle on the problem.

#68 2009-03-24 11:20:08

**_jcooper9099_**

We just gave up and are now aquiring a new VoIP provider.

#69 2009-03-24 13:03:42

**_bbjawer_**

jcooper9099 - When you say you are acquiring a new VoIP provider, do you mean you are going to tie in a VoIP provider like Skype into Connect, or do you mean you are looking for an alternative to Connect itself for webinars and virtual classroom delivery?  If the former, I'd be interested in knowing how you will integrate another VoIP vendor into Connect.  Thanks.

#70 2009-03-24 13:46:42

**_Shelley_**

Ditto! I'd also REALLY like to know what jcooper means.

#71 2009-03-24 14:03:06

**_Shelley_**

Sounds like the teleconference plug-in from Premiere Global Services.

#72 2009-03-24 17:14:19

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

JCooper, can you reveal who the vendor is (online or offline with a direct reply to my email if you prefer) as this would be of great interest to a number of our clients who continue to have ZOIP challenges with ACP.

We're also working on different ways of integrating Skype audio in our meetings (we do it all the time for European and Asian clients since it's the best VOIP around and bypasses ACP entirely) but the big issue is the difficulty of recording the audio stream for playback.

If there's a reliable solution available, please let the community know about it.

Thanks,

Terry

#73 2009-03-30 10:11:03

**_roysdenc_**

I was out all of last week, so need to see how things are going on my end.  Last I heard we are still having problems and nothing is better.  I wouldn't be surprised to find the same thing today.  Let me check with my people and with Adobe and see where things are at with my request.  Even though I was out, not a single update from Adobe - unacceptable.  So I will have words with them today.

-Chris

#74 2009-03-31 10:32:38

**_roysdenc_**

Just left a message with Adobe (they never answer when I call any more), so no update from them.  What I can say is that I just had a meeting and the audio was worse than it ever has been, so if Adobe has managed to do anything over the past two weeks about the audio issue, they need to undo it because it made things worse.  If they haven't done anything, they need to get to it because I am finding pen and paper to be more useful for web conferencing.

-Chris

#75 2009-04-07 08:45:52

**_santhony_**

bobhinton wrote:

I was having the problem with the audio dropping a few days ago and ended up switching from a wireless connection to a wired connection. The audio seemed to work fine.

The main problem we have had are the recordings drop some of the audio.

I highly recommend to not use wireless in any Connect meeting room. Although it does work most of the time (I use wireless almost 99% of the time - but I also know my wireless connection well and know no one else uses it), chances are you will find the faults with your wireless connections using online meetings.

The reason for that is when you are loading static pages, wireless works great - because you only load the page once.

When you are in a live session, you are constantly sending and receiving data. Although you may have a good internet connection, there are a lot of things that can cause a wireless connection to not work as well during an event where it is constantly sending/receiving data.

If you are still having problems and you are wired, please see my previous post about installing the Connect Add-In debugging utlity. The log file it creates is enough to provide to support to review to help determine the cause of your drops. If you are behind a proxy server and it is the root cause, chances are the proxy address will show a dropped connection, etc.

Board footer