Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-04-29 02:12:38

CLEseminars

Limiting Access to Shared Events

I have a named host (100 seat) account, as well as Event Manager. It's a hosted account running 9.5.

I would like to assign certain Users permissions to access only specific folders in the "Shared Events" tab.

When I went to Event Management>Shared Events>Folder Name>Permissions and then set the Permission to "Denied" for the the User, the User is still able to access the "Folder Name" folder and move or delete events. The only thing they cannot do is click an event to edit it. That's not exactly my idea of "denied".

Is there some way to set the Permissions so that the User cannot get into Shared Events>Folder Name, Shared Events>Folder Name1, Shared Events>Folder Name2 - but can have full access to Shared Events>Folder Name4, Shared Events>Folder Name4>Sub Folder1, Shared Events>Folder Name4>Sub Folder2.

Thanks,

Last edited by CLEseminars (2016-04-29 02:13:00)

#2 2016-06-08 22:50:39

CLEseminars

Re: Limiting Access to Shared Events

In case anyone stumbles across this post looking for an answer to a similar problem:

I was able to solve this and limit the User's access to just the folders I wanted by UNDOING WHAT ADOBE CONNECT SUPPORT HAD TOLD ME TO DO.

Namely, I removed that User from the "Administrators - Limited" and "Event Administrators" Groups (which Adobe Connect Support told me to do) and then assigned rights to the User for the various folders/elements I wanted them to manage.

Board footer