Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-04-27 08:33:50

Todd.Irvin@Deltak-innovation.com

Adobe Connect drops WiFi Connection every minute

Weird problem. On a College campus, if I'm on an Ethernet connection (wired), I can use Adobe Connect no problem. If I join on WiFi, I can get in, and the connection lasts about a minute or so, then drops, then Connect reconnects, drops, etc. This happens to every student in the class.

The wireless router is located in the room, this started happening about a month ago. Then it stopped for a few weeks, now its started up again.

Campus IT says its not their network. Adobe says it must be. We are using video, the correct ports seem to all be open on the firewall. This seems to only effect Adobe Connect. I can browse to Netflix, etc. Any suggestions appreciated :) Thanks Todd

#2 2016-04-27 11:29:44

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect drops WiFi Connection every minute

You may not notice connectivity intruptions with things like Netflix because On-demand media is usually cached. So, if you have a dropped connectivity issue, it just uses the cached media to continue playing untill it re-estabilshes a connection and starts filling the cache back up.

Live media, like Connect, has no method for storing information locally. So if you get a connection drop, you will see it.

If users that are hard wired, or connected elsewhere, are not seeing the issue, but users connected through that one wireless access point are seeing the issue, then that wireless access point is the problem. It may not be a network issue, but rather that access point gets saturated and drops connections to users or possibly the hardware is faulty.

#3 2016-04-27 14:42:29

Thanks Jorma. We experience this issue all over the Campus, across multiple Access Points. In fact, they added one in the room we use. Speed tests are showing incredibly high speeds (I know this this isn't the same as number of users). Last night I was the only person in the room on that Access Point. And the issue is only with Adobe Connect. It's so weird it disappeared for a few weeks, and now has returned. Thank you for the insight on Netflix and the cacheing. Thanks much, Todd

#4 2016-04-27 15:49:57

Jorma_at_CoSo

It may be worth seeing if IT can put a priority on traffic from Adobe Connect, and see if that improves the experience. I know hard wiring everyone probably isn't a feasible option, so doing some optimization for Connect may help. It may also be worth seeing if there are any limitations on RTMP traffic on the university's network, which is what Connect uses for the live meeting.

#5 2016-04-28 11:58:25

Thanks Jorma. I noticed last night the issue didn't occur if we were not showing live video. Do you happen to know if different ports are used when video is being used by Adobe Connect? I'm looking for a list of ports/protocols Adobe uses, its just hard to locate. Thanks much, Todd

#6 2016-04-28 12:14:15

Jorma_at_CoSo

The meeting room itself is either over port 1935 (RTMP) or 443 (RTMPS). You can identify what port/URL you are using by holding Shift and clicking on the About Adobe Connect option in the Help menu.

Meeting%20Server%20and%20Port.JPG

Board footer