Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-04 14:26:18

**_iminderman_**

Captivate 4 Will Not Save

I will be working along in Captivate 4, go to save and the program will just sit there and do nothing. If you close the file, it asks if you want to save and again, it will do nothing.  The only option is to close without saving -  all work is lost.  Another team member has experienced the same issue.  Anyone else?  Heard of any work arounds?  Thanks!

#2 2009-02-04 18:47:43

**_mark2741_**

Re: Captivate 4 Will Not Save

For what it's worth...I've been using CP4 almost non-stop for 2 weeks now and have not encountered this problem. So it's probably something specific to your environment. I'm on XP 32-bit. I've read a lot of complaints when people try to run it on XP 64-bit (which is unsupported).

mark
www.elearninglive.com

#3 2009-02-04 20:02:55

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

As another option, if it does this to you again, try selecting all of the slides, copying them, and then opening a new blank presentation and pasting them there and save. Sometimes the old tricks still work best.

#4 2009-02-05 10:17:16

**_tlchurch_**

Are you saving to your local hard drive?

When I save directly to a SAN or other shared drive, I get an error saying I'm unauthorized, but this is due to the file size and the SAN (I get the same error from other applications). I just save to my local hard drive and then copy to the SAN after closing.

#5 2009-02-05 11:00:27

**_iminderman_**

Thank you all.  Apparently others are not experiencing this issue, so it must be isolated to my machine.  Thank you Jorma_at_RealEyes for your suggestion.  That would probably work.  Thanks again!

#6 2009-06-03 09:01:30

**_aodhan51_**

iminderman wrote:

Thank you all.  Apparently others are not experiencing this issue, so it must be isolated to my machine.  Thank you Jorma_at_RealEyes for your suggestion.  That would probably work.  Thanks again!

No, it's not your machine, I am experiencing the same problem.  I lost a lot of work yesterday because Captivate 4 would not save--oh, it said it saved, but it didn't.  Then, I couldn't get Captivate to close without going to the taskbar and manually shutting it down.  This is really frustrating. I've used Captivate in versions 1, 2, 3, and now 4, and they have always had notorious glitches in them that have resulted in many lost hours of work. I wish Adobe would put some resources to work to solve these problems.

Board footer