Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-04 10:18:03

**_thomasattrp_**

Recording Presenter inside Connect Pro

We would like to record a meeting using Connect Pro with one of the layouts containing a Presenter slide show with talking heads and video inside the slide. Here's what happened:
1.  We showed PPT slides in one layout.
2.  Changed to layout containing the Presenter presentation.  Presenter loaded appropriately.
3.  Nothing happened, so we clicked the play button and the Presenter file played correctly through the end--about 8 minutes.
4.  We recorded the entire meeting including the Presenter part.
5.  On playing the recording, when the layout containing the Presenter slides appeared, nothing happened, i.e. Presenter did not play as it had done when we recorded it. In the recording we had to click the Play button in Presenter in order to get it to play.

We played around with it without success.

Is there a way we can get the Presenter slide show to be recorded in the Connect Pro meeting. We're happy to click the Play button when recording, but need it to play in the recording without clicking the Play button.

Thanks.
Thomas White

#2 2009-02-04 13:41:51

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: Recording Presenter inside Connect Pro

Wow - I can't even imagine the parent/child movie relationships in that .swf combination.  To completely guarantee the presenter movie plays - you will probably have to screen-share it rather than use the .swf in the meeting room.

Is it a problem to add a note for viewers of the recording to 'play' the file when it appears?

#3 2009-02-04 18:06:03

**_roysdenc_**

So, we have presentations that we record with Presenter and play as though they are live.  Long story short, same presentation given multiple times in various regions of the world, but want the live experience with exact same content.  Our solution was to make the presenter recording, put it in a new room and run it during a live meeting, and had people for that region on chat (for the live aspect).  With Connect there is a sync and unsync mode.  For our presentations, we allow the user to start the slides on their own (audio is pre recorded with Presenter), so we have the view that I think you saw.  In the other view, the presenter (in our case the chat person) would have to click through all of the slides rather than having them play.  It would require some testing, but this may fix your issue.  I do agree that if it was played during the original presentation, it should have played during the recording.  However, based on it being a presenter presentation, I have a feeling that what you saw is by design and accepted behavior by Adobe.  Let me know if you have any questions or want and example.

Chris

#4 2009-02-05 17:35:07

alistairlee

I agree with Chris - the issue definitely sounds like the self-running presenter file isn't synch'd.

A Connect Pro recording isn't a pixel by pixel video replay of everything you saw in the original meeting.  It actually records everything that happened in the meeting as a set of instructions (i.e. At 2:30, a share pod was opened with a specific PPT deck.  At 2:38, the next slide button was pressed, etc..).  When you play back the recording, it will replay those instructions.  This is why some content - like File Share pods, Presenter Quizzes, and Flash apps - will remain interactive in the recording.

If your self-running presenter content wasn't synch'd, it would be up to each user to either press play or flip through the content slide by slide.  To fix this issue - simply make sure "Sync" button is pressed for your content.

Thanks,
Alistair

#5 2009-02-06 13:35:05

**_thomasattrp_**

Thanks for the idea. I did what you offered--I think.
Our test presentation consists of four slides--one with no audio/video but with builds of bullet points, one with talking head with slide builds that go along with the audio, and two with video inside the slide.
Here's what we did:
Opened the Presenter file in the share pod.
Clicked the sync button.
Clicked the right arrow and this happened:  The first slide played with no audio and builds unfolding.
Then, clicked the right arrow to advance to slide two (with talking head).  Then clicked right arrow to begin slide:  Talking head started but only through the first build.  Then clicked right arrow again, talking head video worked through the second build, etc.
Then went to slide three with the video inside the slide.  The video in the slide would not play at all.  Same for slide 4.

Further thoughts?
Thomas

Board footer