Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-29 23:58:03

**_thekiwi_**

VISTA and uploading Content

Hi everyone

At the Ministry of Education here in NZ we have our own hosted Adobe Connect Server which we use for online Web Conference training.

With many of our training team upgrading to VISTA we have a bizarre problem in regard to uploading content to thd Adobe Connect server.

All our Vista users cant upload content from a Web Conference room to the server.  They follow the procedures as per they did successfully from Windows XP and this problem is for 100% of our team with Vista.

They browse for the file, select it and then the icon showing uploading shows.  Strangely this often starts at a negative number.  It then gets to say -81% and then just sits there.

When you log into the server and view the rooms (for example) uploaded content the file will show but with a blank for the filesize etc.  No matter how long its left the upload never completes.

All users have their Firewall turned off and Im at a loss as to whats stopping the upload.  Each user finds it fails from their home network, and for those with multiple machines find that Windows XP works fine on the same network.

Have searched for an answer and cant find anyone commenting on similar.  Any ideas anyone?

#2 2009-01-30 00:05:59

**_thekiwi_**

Re: VISTA and uploading Content

PS.  I should say.  it is possible to uploaded on the Adobe Connect server itself, eg Navigate to Share Content adn eitheruser the users area or the area for a meeting etc?  An HTTP upload in this manner works and then sharing content by Slecting Uploaded content rather then from my Computer will be successful.

But it would be good to be able to upload direct within the Add-In .

#3 2009-01-30 16:00:09

**_dyun_**

Hi there,

I have a Vista machine and I was able to upload files to a meeting via the Share Pod and File Share Pod.  I am using Connect Pro version connect_702_r24, Add In v. WIN 9,1,268,0, Vista SP1.

A few questions for you...(You can access version number info by choosing Help > About Connect Pro... in a meeting room)

What version of Connect Pro are you using?
What version of the Add-In are you using?
Is your Connect Pro account on premise or hosted by Adobe on acrobat.com?
What version of Vista are you using?
Does this happen with all file types you try to upload?

Best,
David

#4 2009-01-30 16:05:38

**_thekiwi_**

dyun wrote:

Hi there,

I have a Vista machine and I was able to upload files to a meeting via the Share Pod and File Share Pod.  I am using Connect Pro version connect_702_r24, Add In v. WIN 9,1,268,0, Vista SP1.

A few questions for you...(You can access version number info by choosing Help > About Connect Pro... in a meeting room)

What version of Connect Pro are you using?
What version of the Add-In are you using?
Is your Connect Pro account on premise or hosted by Adobe on acrobat.com?
What version of Vista are you using?
Does this happen with all file types you try to upload?

Best,
David

Hi David
THe ConnecPro server is hosted on our own server.
Version of Connect is Connect_603_r73
Add in is WIN 9,0,177,0
Happens with all files (Have tested images and PPT files)
Not sure on the version of Vista, but al would/should have the latest service packs/hotfixes applied.

#5 2009-02-04 18:20:41

**_roysdenc_**

One point of clearification I think will help is are you in a meeting trying to add content, trying to publish to the Content Library on your connect server, or what exactly?  Also, you reference uploading from a web conference room.  Is that a room you have dedicated for web conferencing?  If so, have you tried publishing from another location?  I use Vista SP1 and publish slides to the Content Library all the time using Adobe Presenter.  I am also on Hosted service, so that would be a difference.  I am also able to load content dirrectly into a share pod in a meeting from my computer. 

When you are trying to upload content (based on trying to publish to the Content Library), are you using Presenter?  If not, what is your process?

-Chris

#6 2009-03-30 19:29:06

**_memarsh_**

We have also seen this issue, but with an XP user.  They were able to upload content before our latest upgrade, but now, it acts like it has uploaded the file, but the file size is 0MB.  We tried it from within the meeting and from within the Content Manager.  Both times it says it uploaded, but then shows an error message and the file is 0MB.  Has anyone found a resolution for this yet?
Thanks,

Melissa

#7 2009-03-31 10:28:40

**_roysdenc_**

What is the content you are trying to upload?

#8 2009-04-01 08:48:34

**_memarsh_**

When you go to upload files in the Content area it tells you:

The file should be one of the following formats: *.ppt, *.pptx, *.flv, *.swf, *.pdf, *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, *.mp3, *.html, or *.zip. Please refer to the documentation for valid contents for zip files.

We tried several different file types:  PPT, PPTX SWF, PDF, JPG and none of them would upload. 

We tried them from the Share pod as well and she was not able to load any files through there either.

We tried all sorts of files from this one persons computer and she still cannot upload anything.  She is running XP.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

-Melissa

#9 2009-04-01 09:40:41

**_roysdenc_**

Is the issue limited to the single person, or multiple people using this one computer?  I am not familiar with all of the available permissions, but it could be possible that if it is just the one person having the problems, they might not have permission to publish.  Being that the issue seems to be specific to a single computer, try using a different login from that computer, and using their login from another computer (if you haven't already).  This will let you know if it is their login or the computer.

If no one can publish for that computer, and the person can publish from another computer, you will probably want to call support.  I upload all kinds of content from both Vista and XP, and do so through both the share pod and dirrectly to the content library without issue.  I have not had to make any special settings on my computers, so I am not sure what would prevent the computer from being able to publish.  Again, you may need to call support directly unless someone else on the board has seen this issue.

-Chris

#10 2009-04-22 10:38:05

**_wxs40_**

We are experiencing a semi-different issue with file upload - The upload option is not available to certain users (presenter or host) from the share pod. They can only see/share the files that were pre-loaded but cannot upload any new files. Does anyone experience the same issue or know why it is happening?

Last edited by **_wxs40_** (2009-04-22 10:41:16)

#11 2009-04-22 10:47:50

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You should check the Compliance settings (in the Adminstration section of the server). The option is there to only allow certain group members to upload content from their computer, or allow everyone to be able to upload.

#12 2009-04-22 15:36:44

**_wxs40_**

Thanks for your post, Jorma. However, we did set the system as allowing everyone to upload files. As far as I know this does not happen often and the person who experienced the issue can actually upload files in other meeting. (even both meetings have the same setup).

Board footer