Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-27 08:51:59

**_Alan_**

Converting video

Hi All,

Are there any recommended settings e.g. frame rate, size etc. when converting video to flash. We have had reasonable success sharing video from content library but occasionally the flv hiccups.....recovers after a second but if avoidable would be better.

I also converted the video to swf but the frame was way too big for the share pod.

We use Sorensen Squeeze and it is wonderful but also includes a bazillion settings options.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Definitely looking forward to Video Part 2 on 3/3@3EST

Thanks!

Great day all!!!

A

#2 2009-01-27 15:50:10

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Converting video

I would stick with 30FPS (that is what connect runs at) and 320X240  (standard video resolution) or 640X480 if you have the bandwidth to support it. Usually the "hiccup" comes from video buffering.

#3 2009-01-28 00:38:13

**_dyun_**

Take a look at this tutorial put together by our Event Services team as part of the December 2008 Topic of the Month on Video.  Adobe's recommended specs are in the Tips and Tricks section on the right of the document.

http://connectusers.com/tutorials/2008/ … /index.php

Best,
David

#4 2009-03-12 10:22:13

**_MInnesLSNJ_**

We have been using Connect Pro for 9 months and it has worked flawlessly. It replaced our old method of capturing and distributing training's via our intranet. However, recently we have been having an issue when the recording is made available offline. The video is very jittery to the extent that it is distracting, we deleted old recordings to free spacing thinking that might be the issue; we haven't seen a problem with our internet speeds at the time of the training or after when we convert it offline. Any ideas on how to remedy this? We only have 3 users connected who are viewing only, no 2-way communication. Only a video pod and the screen share pod are open, everything else is closed. When we convert the files we have always done a 1024x768 screen rez, problem started occurring 2/24/09. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Matt

#5 2009-03-12 10:35:51

**_Alan_**

Matt Hi,

I posted a related question yesterday to the Forum concerning suggestions for meeting recordings and received a wonderful response that may address your issue.

Scroll to the bottom of the Forums page and go to my Post about meeting recordings in the Suggestions For Connect Pro Forum.

Essentially, the recommendation was to use screen capture software to record a meeting made public. This would be in place of downloading the recording to your computer directly off the server.

Hope this will help1

Alan

#6 2009-03-12 11:26:24

**_roysdenc_**

Matt - I use the method Alan mentions all the time because it is better quality than what Connect can export, and I can save it as an .avi file and edit it if need be.  I can use the same tool to save as a .flv file if I need that format.

-Chris

#7 2009-03-12 13:07:41

**_MInnesLSNJ_**

Thank you for your replies, I had considered using screen capture (ScreenFlick) but I am disappointed that the Connect Pro software initially worked fine and now is having these issues. I know that tomorrow night they are performing maintenance on the system, maybe that will fix the issue? If not I need to get these posted so screen capture it is! Thanks again

Regards,
Matt

#8 2009-03-12 13:39:37

**_roysdenc_**

Matt - From my experience, don't count on tomorrow's maintenance fixing your issue.  You say it used to work fine, and only recently started having issues.  Can you pinpoint a timeframe of when things changed? 

Adobe released SP2 at the beginning of Feb, and though I saw a few small things fixed, I have seen many more things that were working become broken with SP2.  Such is life with software, but I wish Adobe would do more to ensure their updates aren't making more problems for them.

-Chris

#9 2009-04-13 03:32:22

**_harek_**

pay attention to Video to Flash Converter or to Pro version!!You can convert Video AVI, ASF, WMV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG files to Flash SWF and FLV easily and quickly!
I had some problems with using it, but geovid

#10 2009-04-13 10:19:07

**_Kyle_Sullivan_**

If you have a Mac, try DV Kitchen.  Works great for transcoding to FLV.  Simple to use too.

#11 2009-04-16 15:25:05

**_James_**

We use Sorensen Squeeze

We do too, but our expert was busy so I had to resort to my own resources.

After a bit of research & testing, I recommend the following free product:

Any Video Converter Freeware
http://www.any-video-converter.com/prod … ideo_free/

This worked great for me converting from WMV to FLV and played nicely in a meeting.

Board footer