Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-25 14:11:14

**_MikeSeatl_**

Can't Broadcast Embedded Audio in PowerPoint Presentation

I have a PowerPoint presentation with some embedded audio clips (.wav files) that play properly on my PC as Host, but the embedded audio is not broadcast to the attendees, even though the visual portion of the presentation works fine.

I have tried sharing my desktop, the document and the application, but all to no avail.

Is there some setting that I am overlooking? Or am I attempting to do something that isn't supported (I don't find anything in the documentation that describes broadcasting embedded audio)?

Thanks,
Mike Towner

#2 2009-01-26 09:15:50

**_gajett_**

Re: Can't Broadcast Embedded Audio in PowerPoint Presentation

.wav is not supported by Connect.  .mp3 is, though.
You have a couple of options:
-  Create a single .mp3 of your ppt audio and upload that, and the ppt (with audio removed for file size considerations).  Share the ppt, create a new blank share pod and share the .mp3, too.  The .mp3 pod can be resized to be quite small, as you'll only need to see the play controls.  Start the .mp3 playing, and advance the slides in the ppt pod as needed.
- use Presenter.  It can/will import/convert/remove embedded .wav files and timings. Your ppt will then be playable as you are trying to accomplish.

greg

#3 2009-01-26 12:44:24

**_MikeSeatl_**

Re: Can't Broadcast Embedded Audio in PowerPoint Presentation

Thanks for your quick response. I actually found a simpler "low-tech" workaround solution. Use a mini audio patch cord to loop the output from the PC's headphone jack into the microphone input. When the host is in discussion mode (microphone on) the embedded .wav file is broadcast to the participants just as it plays on the host's screen; so no timing issues to deal with.

Mike

Board footer