Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-23 15:38:18

**_cquirk_**

Expericing Fast Fails Since Sp1 Installed

Hello Everyone
I have had a problem reported since the start of the semester back on Jan. 12. Users are reporting issues of the screen blinking, refreshing (Adobe calls Fast Fail). The rooms come back online within a second. However, the mic is turned off, video is all off and even recordings are stopping. It is very sparodic in nature. I have a 3 hr class and it was reported only twice. Then I have a 1 hr class and it happened 4 times.

We do run a load balanced system of two app servers and one DB server. After reviewing the debug logs we are seeing this little gem:

---debug line error ---
[01-15 16:37:20] host-health-check (d) Connection has gone stale  spid:57, exception=java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]A problem occurred when attempting to contact the server (Server returned: Connection reset). Please ensure that the server parameters passed to the driver are correct and that the server is running. Also ensure that the maximum number of connections have not been exceeded for this server.
---debug line error ---

This seems to be showing up mulitple times in the logs, the only difference is the spid #. Adobe Support is still looking into this. We are not sure if the abobe problem is related to the Fast Fail but sure seems like the culprit. We have enabled the connect-addin loging on the a couple of the instructors computers to help gather data. Anybody have any idea or experience this

#2 2009-02-26 01:42:00

**_michael_**

Re: Expericing Fast Fails Since Sp1 Installed

This post is a bit old, but if you are still experiencing the issue:  make sure your servers are time-sync'd very very closely.  As a real-time platform, the servers are very sensitive to time differences, and in certain cases where the time differentials get too wide, I believe you may experience these fail-over situations.

Board footer