Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-20 05:45:26

**_otk80_**

Importing AVI using Adobe Presenter 7.0

We have been using Adobe Presenter 7.0. We have a problem with importing content. What we do is "Import *.avi file to Adobe Presenter->Publish to PC->Play". The resulting video is OK, but audio is much slower than it should be. And also the sound is mutilated and we can't hear audio clearly. What is the cause of this issue?

#2 2009-01-20 10:27:04

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Importing AVI using Adobe Presenter 7.0

One thing you will want to do is make sure your Presenter is updated to 7.0.2 (help>updates).  From there, when you import a video there are some compression settings that you can choose from (100kb, 400kb, and 700kb), all of which will affect your video differently.  Once you import the video, Presenter converts it to an .flv for playback.  Depending on the size and content of the video you are trying to import, I am sure there will be different results.  I do not know what encoder they have incorporated into Presenter, but that may be what is causing the problem. 

If you aren't updated to 7.0.2, I would do that and then try it again to see if you are still having issues.  If you are already at 7.0.2 or see no improvement, let us know and maybe someone else can chime in with some thoughts.

-Chris

#3 2009-01-21 12:07:01

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Importing AVI using Adobe Presenter 7.0

You may also try using a different tool to convert your videos to FLV. Something like http://www.media-convert, which is free. See if that does a better job of converting your video.

My understanding is that Presenter should use the Sorrenson Spark codec, since that's what Connect uses.

Board footer