Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-14 08:52:34

**_cityhunter_**

People getting disconnected.

Hi everyone,
This is my first post, so bear with me. The organization I work with uses Adobe Connect Pro 6 for its meetings with internal staff and clients. Often there can be up to 20 people all broadcasting via webcam. The audio we usually do with a separate phone company so its always set on "no voice".

But recently we have been having a serious and very distracting problem. People get disconnected and reconnected randomly throughout the meeting. So they get kicked out of the room, so their cameras are turned off and they are removed from the attendee list pod. Then they are automatically logged back in. Everyone is wired(not wireless) and they are in completely different areas around the world.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem? Do you know what could be causing this problem and what to do to resolve it as well?

Thanks,

CH

#2 2009-01-14 11:41:46

**_roysdenc_**

Re: People getting disconnected.

I am not saying this is the case, but if their network dropped momentarily, that may be the issue.  How consistant is the problem?

-Chris

#3 2009-01-15 05:17:23

**_cityhunter_**

Hi Chris,
Well its tough to say. For example, we have a meeting of an hour with maybe 20 people. At least 3 or 4 will be having this problem all throughout the meeting. Its the same people throughout the meeting, but not from meeting to meeting. Some of these clients dropping out are big names(which doesn't always mean anything) but in this case they have quite robust systems.
Thanks,
CH

#4 2009-01-15 10:34:59

**_santhony_**

If you enable the debuging option for the Connect Add-In it could tell you more information.

Sounds like it could be either a bandwidth issue or probably something as simple as a proxy server dumping the connection. If it was a proxy, it would certainly show up in the logs.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=fd606fac

Some things to isolate:

are these users all on the same network?

What kind of network is it - DSL, CABLE, LAN etc.

Have they adjusted the settings in their meeting room for their appropriate speed?

Try having them update Flash Player if they are not on an updated version

Check for locally installed firewalls like BlackIce, Norton and McAfee - try disabling them if nothing else seems to be working.

Just a few suggestions to get you started.

#5 2009-01-15 10:38:35

**_roysdenc_**

Shayla,
      Thanks for chiming in because you know far more about this than I do.  the few times we have seen this issue, the participant simply needed to change their connection to the appropriate speed.  Since then we always reference this at the start of live meetings.

CH,
      Hopefully this will help you.

Chris

#6 2009-01-16 05:31:05

**_cityhunter_**

Dear Shayla and Chris,
Thank you for your responses. I'll give all these suggestions a shot and get back to you with what worked.
Thanks,
CH

#7 2009-01-19 23:58:27

**_Hoops1009_**

Yeah, I experienced the same thing tonight in a meeting ... guests kept getting disconnected, then logged back in.  I am the presenter and lost video/audio twice in a 60-minute presentation.  Not good!  More of the same tomorrow?  I surely hope not!

#8 2009-01-20 00:01:06

**_santhony_**

Hoops1009 wrote:

Yeah, I experienced the same thing tonight in a meeting ... guests kept getting disconnected, then logged back in.  I am the presenter and lost video/audio twice in a 60-minute presentation.  Not good!  More of the same tomorrow?  I surely hope not!

If you can try the same suggestions I have above and provide the same details about the specifics we may be able to help you more in regards to the disconnections.  Are you licensed or hosted?

Board footer