Menu

#1 2009-01-13 10:58:12

**_scagnoli_**

Lost ability to "share computer screen"

I lost the ability to Share

#2 2009-01-13 12:07:26

**_peterryce_**

Re: Lost ability to "share computer screen"

One potential answer is that your account has been set to deny screen sharing. There are a number of administrative controls for Compliance and Control that can be set for an account. You can selectively disable Desktop, Application, and Window sharing from the Admin tab in Connect (if you are an administrator). However these settings are account wide - so if you logged into a room on this account from anywhere the "My Computer Screen" button would be missing  - not just from one computer. But if you logged into a different Connect account that did not have the restrictions the button would appear.

The only other thing I can think of is that some other screen sharing application (like VNC or some IT "support" app) is already using the screen buffer and Connect cannot access it.

I hope this helps,

Peter.reteP

#3 2009-01-13 16:07:26

**_Carri.Saari_**

I have the same problem - since the upgrade to 7 a few weeks ago.

We have local Connect but no Adobe expert on hand. If you think this is a setting that needs to be re-set locally, please advise & I'll pass it on to our Helpdesk.

#4 2009-01-13 20:02:48

**_dyun_**

Hi Carri,

The setting that Peter is referring to is here:

Capture1.jpg

But unless someone explicitly set this on your account, it should be untouched.  Can you describe a little more what problems you are encountering when you try to share?  Are you able to see the dialog that lets you select what windows or apps you want to share?  Does it act like you are able to share your screen but participants see nothing?  Does the meeting crash?

Best,
David

#5 2009-01-13 21:20:09

**_santhony_**

If you can log in on another computer using your account on the same server, then it is not your account. My suggestion would be to try the following.

Re-take the test to verify you have the add-in installed (test #4) https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/e … g_test.htm. If not, install the add-in. It may be detected, but may not be working right, which is what it sounds like to me. Did you recently do any Flash Player upgrades? Any new toolbars installed in your browser?

========================================================

Join on the same computer in another browser first. See if you are able to reproduce in IE and Firefox. Which browser is it broken in if not both?

If so then proceed below:

========================================================

Uninstall the add-in through Add/Remove Programs in Windows.

Remove Flash using add/remove programs (and Shockwave if you have it installed)

Remove Flash using the uninstaller utility located here http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … &sliceId=1

Delete any folders under C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\ named connectaddin  If you have used connect for a while, especially during an upgrade there is a possibility that you may have more than one connectaddin folder there.

Reboot your PC

Rerun the Flash Player uninstaller utility located here http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … &sliceId=1. If Flash was in use before reboot, it will not be removed. This should take care of anything that was still "in use" the second time around.

Reinstall FlashPlayer

Reinstall the add-in.

See if it works.

#6 2009-02-11 11:23:11

**_memarsh_**

I have found this issue with two or three people we support and the issue was the media player.  With Adobe Connect 7 you have to install the Adobe Media Player and the Flash Media Player.  I think you will find if you install the Adobe Media Player and then re-install the plug-in the button will appear.

http://get.adobe.com/amp/

Hope this helps,

Melissa

#7 2009-02-12 09:26:32

**_Carri.Saari_**

My problem was indeed related to Adobe Media Player.

#8 2009-03-07 20:30:25

**_mobbsy_**

I have carried out all the above suggestions without success. If anyone has any other suggestions which will enable me the ability to share my computer screen I would be most appreciative, a couple of points worth noting are:
I am able to share my computer screen from my work desktop.
I am unable to share my computer screen from my desktop at home.
I have uninstalled the flash player, plugin and adobe media player on more than one occassion and re-installed the software.

#9 2009-03-19 04:55:31

**_mobbsy_**

I took my personal laptop to work in order to test a theory I had regarding this matter. From behind the institutes firewall, I logged into the meeting room where the the ability to share my computer screen was available (this was not available from home). I performed this action utilising the local intranet.
Later that night at home I logged into the meeting room from home utilising a private provider for my internet connection, the option to share my computer screen was now also available from home.
I am convinced for whatever reason the ability to share my computer screen was only availlable after logging on at work; as if some sort of authentication or verification was required.
Unusual!

Board footer