Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-09 12:29:46

**_jameslloyd_**

FIGHT! Green Pointer Arrow

Hi All,

When I am hosting a web meeting, I find it difficult to respond to attendees needs in Chat or the Attendee list because when I use those pods, it steals the Green Pointer Arrow from the presenter.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?  Some secret key combination perhaps?  It is nice that we can use a mousewheel over the attendee pod to scroll without stealing the pointer.

If not, I guess the fight will go on!

thanks
-
j

#2 2009-01-09 13:04:12

**_santhony_**

Re: FIGHT! Green Pointer Arrow

I assume your logged in as a host to the meeting?

(I haven't tested this) Does it do the same thing if you were logged in as a presenter instead?  If not, then maybe have 2 systems one as host and one as presenter so that you can manage the web portion of the meeting without interrupting the presenter?

Just a thought?

#3 2009-02-25 11:53:43

**_wcrawford_**

If the use of the arrow is critical perhaps you could just set up the meeting hosts with "Host cursors on/Show only to attendees when using whiteboard."  This way when you go to the chat they won't see your arrow there.  I have not tested this out but it seems to be a plausible solution.

#4 2009-02-25 12:43:53

**_jameslloyd_**

Thanks w,

Thing is, it doesn't work for us to have presenters in either the host or presenter role as they get terribly confused when I open the presenter only area.  So I put them in the meeting as enhanced participants and so the green arrow is their only option for pointing.

We could also use screen-sharing, but then the meeting recording has no index other than the layout titles (too bad I have a second life as an instructional designer).

If somehow a person could be a presenter without seeing the effects of what the meeting host/admin has to do, it would be a solution to this problem.

#5 2009-02-25 12:50:32

**_jameslloyd_**

shayla, I tested and yes, presenters and hosts always take the green pointer away when they click anything in the meeting room.

#6 2009-02-25 13:26:02

**_ggonzalez_**

Hi James,

Have you tried using the TAB/Shift? I think that'll solve the issue. To learn more: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=kb407024

#7 2009-02-27 13:44:21

**_jameslloyd_**

GG - hey, that's a great suggestion.

I've been trying this for the past few meetings and it's odd - sometimes I do have the ability to tab between pods, but other times I cannot, OR I can only tab between the menu bar and our customized logo to the left of the menu bar.

I'll go searching for more threads about tab navigation.  Maybe it's different for seminar rooms/meeting rooms.  Or maybe some accounts have it and some do not.  For that matter, maybe if the meeting room was created before version 7.1, it might not have that capability.

Thanks again GG - this can potentially help!
-james

#8 2009-02-27 13:49:30

**_jameslloyd_**

Yup - only rooms created after the ServicePack was applied can use tabbed navigation.

Still, this will help host meetings!  Thanks again.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2009-02-27 13:49:54)

Board footer