Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-07 11:56:09

**_lieberla_**

Can't edit meeting recording...

I have a recording for a meeting that is almost 3 hours long, and I need to delete the first 27:44. 
Unfortunately, using Connect Pro, I can only delete the first 27:40...the next increment I'm able to select is 25:28. 

Frankly, I'm a little shocked that the Connect Pro editing tool would be this imprecise.  Am I doing something wrong?

Frustratied, I also tried downloading the recording as an .flv, file, and then converting it to mpeg4 (which resulted in only audio) and also to .wmv, (which took HOURS, and I cannot open it succesfully without getting an error message...I tried in both Windows Movie Maker and Camtasia.)

This seems is a lot of time, effort and frustration over less than 5 seconds of recording, but unless I can delete precise portions of the recording, the result looks extremely unprofessional. 

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

#2 2009-01-07 20:02:11

**_peterryce_**

Re: Can't edit meeting recording...

I'm sorry that the editing features for Connect are not as precise as we'd all like them to be. Unfortunately the editing increments are based on keyframes that are automatically inserted into the recording file. There's no real way to control these keyframes so at times the edits don't fall where you would like them.

Your idea to edit the offline FLV file is on the right track - however there are very few products that support the FLV file as well as some other formats. One company that produces FLV editors that support the unique audio in the FLV file is Moyea (http://www.moyea.com/). They have a number of reasonably priced tools that provide import, editing, and export to other formats. They also make plug-ins for products like Adobe Premiere Pro, allowing those products to import FLV files, complete with audio.

I hope this helps,

Peter.reteP

#3 2009-01-09 03:46:05

**_dyun_**

Another option you might want to take a look at is called Rich FLV (http://www.richapps.de/?page_id=120).

I've been able to take an offlined recording FLV, import it into Rich FLV, set an in/out point and save the file as FLV successfully without having to convert to other formats.

You can then upload the FLV back to the content library for viewing.

Good Luck,
David

#4 2009-01-09 12:12:23

**_Carri.Saari_**

How do you view downloaded FLV?

I have no luck with Adobe Media Player. I have tried 2 different recorded meetings and have zero luck viewing ANY of the FLV files.

Which file contains the PPT? which file contains the video/audio pod?

: (

#5 2009-01-09 13:29:56

**_santhony_**

To download an FLV - log into your connect server and browse to your meeting - there is an option to make an offline recording.

Meetings > meeting name > recordings > click on recording

Choose "Make Offline" (it's next to "edit recording").

#6 2009-01-13 01:26:57

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Your computer will not play FLV files natively, it requires a Player (these are typically built in to web sites that play Flash movies but your computer does not include a native player with the operating system).

There are a number of free FLV players available including the Adobe Media Player and others like this one from Moyea

Hope that helps,

Good Luck,

Terry

#7 2009-11-20 11:56:37

**_flama_**

I had a client that had this issue.

We were able to crop more specific times by changing the resolution on the computer to 800x600.

Frank Lama

#8 2009-12-03 12:39:23

**_curbano_**

Thanks, Flama for the tip about changing the resolution.  I was able to get the increments downtoabout 18 seconds which is better. Not great, but better.

Board footer