Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-06 10:57:25

**_pafell_**

Formatting of fonts in Quizzes

I'm trying to create a "Program Evaluation Form" using the Quiz feature in Presenter to put inside of a pod in Connect so that we can survey our audience at the end of the program to gather their feedback.  In doing so, we hope to get a higher return rate on evaluation forms than we do by having them download something, filling it out and e-mailing it back to us.

I'm not sure whether this is a "bug" in Presenter (or the result of a couple of years of upgrading Presenter on the same machines since before version 6).  We're seeing the same things consistently regardless of which machine the quiz is created on:

1.  The fonts are seemingly random in size from one slide to the next.  If each of the survey questions has choices of "Excellent", "Good", "Fair", and "Poor" on some slides the text is very large (32 point) and on others it's a bit smaller (24 point). 

2.  The "Submit" and "Clear" buttons appear to have text behind them as well as on the buttons themselves.  Additionally, the green highlight that appears when you mouse over is the wrong size and highlights over part of both buttons (which are positioned close together).

3.  Allowing the "Review Quiz" option allows them to see their responses but doesn't seem to allow them to use the "Clear" button nor choose other options if they change their mind on their responses.

Additionally, it would be helpful to put more than one question on a given slide.  Most of the questions are short enough that having two (or even three) questions per slide would reduce the number of excess clicks on the "Submit" button.

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate hearing about any solutions or workarounds.
Thanks!  -Paul

#2 2009-01-06 16:56:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Formatting of fonts in Quizzes

Paul,

1. There is the Appearance tab in the Quiz Manager that allows you to set the fonts, font styles, and font sizes on the quiz slides. Not a perfect solution, but it should reduce the time of manual edits on the slides.

2. Don't know exactly what would cause this other than there being a large amount of text in your survey questions. This may put text behind the submit and clear buttons. Try reducing the font size or location to better fit your needs. The Appearance tab also allows you to assign a different location for the buttons if you feel a need to have them somewhere else.

3. The "Review Quiz" option is there to allow a user to review their answers after they have completed the quiz. You can allow backwards movement through the quiz settings (not quiz manager settings) so that they can navigate back to previous questions, though I'm still not sure they could change their answers once they have submitted them.

You can always put more than one question (Likert Scale I assume) on a slide so long as your question text is short enough to handle it on the slide. Of course you can always make the font smaller and it will make space for more than one question per slide.

Board footer