Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-12-23 12:09:17

**_jameslloyd_**

Alternative to closing curriculum?

Hi Connect folk,

I hope I can explain my inquiry.  We have a couple of ongoing trainings that each employ a curriculum that lasts for a 3 month period (our financial quarters).  We want to require that learners complete the curriculum tests and so I have set a curriculum closing date 4 weeks after the quarter ends.

Well, this seemed brilliant, but now that the curriculum is closed, learners cannot enter the curriculum list to review the courses!

Is there an alternative to closing the curriculum, OR is there way to leave the curriculum viewable, but not modifyable?

Would it work to just close the test courses in the curriculums?  If I set a close date on a course, will it apply when that course is used in a curriculum (noting that the url for a course is different when it is used in a curriculum)?

Or, as I suspect, do I need to build duplicate curriculums - one for tracking and one for review! :~.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-12-23 12:23:08)

#2 2008-12-23 12:27:48

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: Alternative to closing curriculum?

OK - found this in documentation:

Adobe wrote:

Note: The start and end dates that you select override the start and end dates for the individual items in your curriculum. For example, if you add a meeting with an end date that already passed, but your end date for the curriculum is in the future, the meeting assumes the end date of the curriculum.

Wait, why does this quote start talking about meetings?

Anyway, perhaps I should change the subject line of this post to 'reviewing closed curriculums'

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-12-23 12:29:12)

#3 2009-01-05 23:47:07

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Adobe wrote:

Note: The start and end dates that you select override the start and end dates for the individual items in your curriculum. For example, if you add a meeting with an end date that already passed, but your end date for the curriculum is in the future, the meeting assumes the end date of the curriculum.... when the meeting is accessed through the curriculum.

Adobe was just using a meeting as an example (although it is not a good one). You could substitute the word meeting for course.

#4 2009-01-06 08:25:48

**_jameslloyd_**

Thanks Jorma - hey, it's fun to see your picture and profile now.  It gives a pleasant perspective on all the good insight you've shared in these forums. 

I am afraid that I am going to have to create 'reveiw' curriculums so that learners can go back to view the courses after the testing period has elapsed.

sigh
-
j

Board footer