Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-02-19 06:26:20

elmoandzoey

Opening Meeting room just for Events

I hope someone can help me. I've read the help file, the Adobe tutorials and I googled but I couldn't find the info.

I'm fairly new to Adobe Connect as an admin. I've created a meeting room for my organization. I've also created 5 events, each one week apart. People need to register for the events. So far none of that has been a problem. However, the meeting room is always open, so when people register for an event 3 months from now, they can click on the event link in the registration email and are taken to an open meeting room right after registering. What I have done so far is close the meeting room to guests and have opened it manually before the event start. It's only semi-ideal since the info for the closed room reads "you have no access" and has proven to be very misleading to users. I also sometimes have guest speakers that use the room without me - they don't have access to the admin backpanel and can't open the meeting room for guests. I have then left the meeting room always open with a lobby layout that sais "Event will start at XX, please come back later". I don't find that to be ideal either, since that message can be up for days or weeks beforehand.

Is there a way to close the meeting room (without a "no access" message) and automatically open it to guests when the moderator has entered? I have set a starting time for the meeting room, but that is ignored, guests can still get into the room before that time without a moderator or admin present. Or just show another message than the "no access" message after people have logged in and before they are taken to the meeting room that says something like "event will start shortly". I really do not want people in the meeting room well in advance of the event but I also don't want to close the meeting room to guests. Help?

Board footer