Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-12-17 11:13:53

**_scottbdz_**

Connect Pro 7 - Event Management

I use the Event module to handle registration for on-site (non-Web) meetings, and would like to limit the number of registrants for an event - meaning, only allow x number of registrants before event registration is shut off. 

Is this possible?

#2 2008-12-17 11:19:49

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Connect Pro 7 - Event Management

This is not part of the Adobe events tool. You can do a manual process of when you reach your limit, you change the registration emails to say that the meeting is full and to please register for another meeting.

#3 2008-12-17 11:43:23

**_scottbdz_**

ok; thanks.

#4 2008-12-17 23:17:35

**_pafell_**

We've been hoping for a capacity limit on event registration for quite some time.  It's at the top of our wish list.  Without it, it's possible to have more registrants for an event than you have licenses to accommodate.  And while you CAN change the "registration confirmation" e-mail (if you're keeping a close eye on your registration counts), unless they read the e-mail carefully they may still get the impression that they are registered.  Plus it is poor form to ask somebody to provide a bunch of information only to then tell them "sorry, we're full".

#5 2008-12-18 01:40:24

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Just to be fair and complete, there are some excellent partner offerings for event notification and registration management, payment, et al that work perfectly with Connect.

I am not sure if they're posted in the Partner Offering section? If not, Jorma or I can point you in the right direction.

#6 2008-12-18 09:03:39

**_scottbdz_**

I'd be interested in partner offerings, if you could point me in right direction?

#7 2008-12-18 12:20:31

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

There are two companies that offer event registration tools:

MeetingOne: http://www.meetingone.com/us/Products/online_events.cfm
Intesolv: http://intesolv.com/Products/inteVISTAE … fault.aspx

They have slightly different offerings so be sure to check them out and find the one that fits your need best.

#8 2008-12-20 16:31:33

**_eomedia_**

Hello all,

As a new user to the site I wanted to take a quick moment to pass along information on my own company which offers a value add replacement to the Adobe Events Management.

http://www.conferenceEdge.com

We are an Adobe Solutions partner and provide event registration, payment processing, multiple capacity controls (session, event, package, date/time, etc.), email notifications, scheduled reminders in addition to several other features including Adobe connect integration.

In answer to your specific question our system can not only allow you to set capacity limits but you can automatically provide "session is full" options or allow for waitlist registrations whereby a user can still register, receive a different message informing them of their status and you can either allow or deny them entry based on future activity.

We already work with several clients utilizing Adobe Connect for e-Learning, continuing education as well as event presentations.

We'd love the opportunity to show you how our solution can help you. 

You can ask for Trevor or Ryan (contact information is provided on our site as I'm not sure this sites policy on providing in a posting).

Thanks

ConferenceEdge

#9 2009-01-06 12:44:08

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

For those interested in a completely different approach, Refined Data offers a completely seamless integration between Adobe Connect Pro and Moodle - the hugely popular Learning Management System.

Not only does their Connect-to-Moodle solution provide Single Sign On between the two platforms (users cannot tell where Moodle ends and ACP begins) but the system provides an extremely elegant solution for Event Registration, including Maximum Enrollment Limits, Automated Reminders, eCommerce etc. There's even support for automated access to the Meeting Recordings if they exist.

Moodle is the perfect environment for delivering a wide range of collateral materials associated with your events (documents, links, files, video, recordings of meetings or events that an attendee missed etc.) but can also be used for quizzing, certification and many other functions. Many companies find this to be a much better option for managing and registering events because it's inexpensive and provides far mor than just single Event Management.

The Refined Data implementation also provides a unique "Token" system that allows you to sell admission tickets to your events on your main corporate web site and these "Admit One" tokens can be used to gain entrance to your events. The big advantage of this system is that it allows you to sell admission to different people at different rates.

For example, I might have an event that costs $95 per seat but I can provide some users with tokens at no charge while I might sell one client a block of 5 Tokens for $400 and a different client a block of 10 Tokens for $600. This provides incredible flexibility in the way you run your events. Each Token can only be used once so that one user cannot share admission with anyone else. Of course you can still sell tickets at the door in the normal way.

Depending on your needs, this may be a better solution to what you're trying to achieve.

Good Luck,

Terry

Last edited by **_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_** (2009-01-06 12:47:31)

Board footer