Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-12-12 10:10:59

**_mstork_**

I can't get connect pro to display Sony HDR-UX5 camera

My plextor convertor works and displays an image in the Presto software.
Connect Pro offers the USB connection as a camera source.
The Camera's output settings are correct.
I use this same set-up with the Sony EVI-D70 and it works fine.

Do I need a different driver or plug-in for Connect Pro?

Any help is much appreciated

Mike Stork

Last edited by **_mstork_** (2008-12-12 10:12:02)

#2 2008-12-12 16:16:01

**_peterryce_**

Re: I can't get connect pro to display Sony HDR-UX5 camera

I haven't tried either the Plextor or this particular Sony, but other similar products have worked fine. Given that the Plextor has worked with other products successfully, let's assume that it's fine - and let's concentrate on the camera.

The things that I've found to cause problems in the past have been:
    1. Another application is already using the camera driver
    2. The resolution of the camera is set so high that the Flash driver cannot recognize it

To check the first - you can right mouse click on any Flash movie and Choose Settings to bring up the Flash Player Settings dialog box. Click on the Camera icon tab to see what cameras are being recognized by the Flash Player. You can also get to this dialog by choosing the following menu from within a Connect Pro meeting room "Meeting>Manage My Settings>Select Camera". Verify that your camera name is showing up in the list of cameras - if it is not then Flash Player is not recognizing the drivers for that camera - or the camera might be used by some other application. Try quitting any other application (such as Presto) that might be using the camera drivers.

To fix the second, use your Presto application, or any application can see the camera, and try to find a way to ask the camera to capture at a lower resolution - this might be a camera settings menu or preferences setting. Once you have changed the resolution - quit that application. Hopefully these settings are saved in a preferences file somewhere so that they are persistent across applications. Open Connect Pro to see if the camera works - you may have to restart to free the camera driver.

I hope this helps,

Peter.reteP
Connect Evangelist
Adobe Systems

#3 2008-12-12 17:28:22

**_mstork_**

Re: I can't get connect pro to display Sony HDR-UX5 camera

This works!

Both suggestions are right on.

Board footer