Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-12-03 20:02:42

**_lambo102_**

Actionscript in Presenter

Hi ya all,

My company uses presenter 6.1 and I use Flash CS3. I have been learning Actionscript 3 for the last six months and only knew a little 2.0. Today I tried to insert a swf that had actionscript 3 in it and I have found that Presenter 6.1 doesn't like actionscript 3.

I would really like to continue using AC3 and I don't want to learn 2 to re-learn 3 later on.

Does anyone know of a work-a-round? Is this problem fixed in later versions of Presenter?

Please help??

#2 2008-12-04 14:03:00

alistairlee

Re: Actionscript in Presenter

Hey lambo102,

Actionscript 3 requires Flash Player 9 or greater to execute properly.

Connect Pro only requires Flash Player 8 or greater to attend a meeting (this assures that 99% of participants can join without downloading anything) and therefore does not accept AS3 content.  I'm guessing that the same restriction is true for Adobe Presenter content.

#3 2008-12-04 20:26:42

**_lambo102_**

Re: Actionscript in Presenter

Thanks. I finally had to download the Presenter 7 at home and deep in the help file I finally found a clear statement where Presenter does not support AS3. That wasn't mentioned at all in the help files included with 6.1 or online.

Does anyone have and idea when AS3 (or at least the option for 2 or 3) will be included in Presenter or Captivate?

I would imagine this is a must have. More and more Flash developers are making the switch from AS2 to 3. I spent the last six months learning 3 only to learn that I can't even use it for what I wanted.

Board footer