Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-12-01 15:01:44

**_jeffw_**

Adobe Connect Pro won't give credit to the resumed training course

Hi,
We used Adobe Presenter 7 to develop a training course and posted on Adobe Connect Pro. Most of the learners got credit after they completed the course. However, several learners closed their web browser in the middle of training by interruption, when they logged in again, the nice thing is that Adobe Connect Pro can remember where they stopped, so they continued the training; the bad thing is: even they finished the training, Adobe Connect Pro still showed that they didn't complete, and they didn't get credit.

Did anyone have the same experience?

Thanks,
Jeff

#2 2008-12-03 09:25:51

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: Adobe Connect Pro won't give credit to the resumed training course

Yes, we've experienced this several times (our account is hosted at acrobat.com).  Tickets to Adobe do no good so I suggest that your ONLY option is to adjust the completion/score status manually for users that report the problem. 

Also I've noticed that if you manually set completion/score for users who experience this lockout, if they go back into the training, the incomplete status will return and you will have to manually reset the completion/score status again!

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-12-03 09:26:23)

#3 2008-12-03 20:07:44

**_quinn_**

jameslloyd wrote:

Also I've noticed that if you manually set completion/score for users who experience this lockout, if they go back into the training, the incomplete status will return and you will have to manually reset the completion/score status again!

Hi James,  I believe this used to be an issue when you use content from the Content tab directly in a curriculum.   Standalone courses should not exhibit this behavior.  As of Connect 6 and 7, when you create new curriculum, you can only import courses into your curriculum.  If you select content into your curriculum, it gets created as a course behind the scenes and placed into a curriculum resource folder.    You may be experiencing this issue still if you are using an older curriculum that still has "content" in it, as opposed to a course.   The reason behind this is that content and courses track their results differently in ConnectPro.

So, Jeff, when you say that they didn't get the completion mark, is this course a standalone course or is it within a curriculum?

#4 2008-12-05 10:47:36

**_jameslloyd_**

Hi Quinn,

We've documented this issue with our courses which are all created as courses in training, then added to a curriculum.  URLS are only taken from the Curriculum listing and still, users will find themselves unable to complete training.

And as I said, there seems to be nothing Adobe can do - when it happens your only recourse is to manually adjust the status and score.

#5 2008-12-08 11:42:24

**_jeffw_**

First of all, thank James and Quinn for answering my question.

To Quinn, yes, it is a standalone course.

I have contacted Adobe Tech Support, it seems they already knew the problem, and till now they have no answer yet. I'm still waiting for the guy to call me because he said he will call me within an hour, now it's one week passed :-(

#6 2008-12-08 18:52:42

**_quinn_**

Hi James,

I'd be interested in seeing this issue that you're mentioning first hand.  Is it on the hosted system?  You can email me the url at qwong@adobe.com.  I'm a developer on the ConnectPro team.

Jeff, do you remember who you spoke to on the Adobe Tech Support side?  I can ping him and check if he's found a resolution yet. 

Thanks,

Quinn

#7 2008-12-09 12:39:23

**_jameslloyd_**

Hi Quinn,

Sure, let me dig around and find the users that reported this.

How did you and jeffw get registerd on this forum in 1969?

#8 2009-01-05 20:08:37

**_benm_**

I have this issue appear all the time. It seemed to reduce in frequency (and no longer occured for captivate based courses or quizes) but it still continues for regular old courses. I would go further to say that it is hard to find example becuase from our end it doesn't appear to consistantly occur.

To be honest I don't bother reporting issues to adobe technical support unless they are major as the whole support process with Adobe tends to get me upset. It's easier to just manually adjust their courses where required.

#9 2009-01-06 08:43:11

**_jameslloyd_**

Benm, you said that much better than I could have. 

I too had difficulty bringing up the example that I wanted.  In addition, our learners tend to try something at the most two times before giving up completely and I rarely hear back from them whether the problem was resolved or not.

#10 2009-01-13 04:08:28

**_dirkeismann_**

We also experience this issue. In our case it happens with standalone courses (no curriculums) and it happens both on our customers system (Hosted) but also on our own Connect Enterprise that we run internally.

I've also sent this to Enterprise Support but have no response yet - it's really a pity to see that support is more a less a "Black hole"...

@Quinn: I can send you a Presenter ZIP file to reproduce it.

Thanks,
Dirk.

#11 2009-02-17 14:53:43

**_jcooper9099_**

I am having the same problem and we have a rather large list of users. This means that I spend a good portion of my day updating users status when I should be getting work done.

I too am finding the regular channels of support to be less than satsfactory. The support process seems to cause mass confusion and I have to talk with several persons, repeadtely and re-explain the issue severaL times. I have on more than one occasion let support know my exact feelinsg about this.

Hey did this start happening more frequently at the end of last year?

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2009-02-17 14:55:39)

#12 2009-02-18 21:02:09

**_quinn_**

Hi Dirk,

Sorry for the late reply.  Do you have that Presenter file handy so that I can take a look at it?

Thanks,
Quinn

#13 2009-02-19 19:38:08

**_jcooper9099_**

Hey Quin, Dirk, James,

Don't waste your time. Nick Calenda told me this was a bug today.  I just spent week on the phone for tech support to tell me 'We tried what you said, and yep it happens like you said it does, it's a bug'

Quinn, If you don't wanna waste your time I'll tell you exactly what the problem is, but if I do you must promise to fix it. Deal?

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2009-02-20 09:46:39)

#14 2009-02-20 13:56:44

**_quinn_**

Yes, please let me know exactly what the problem is.  I'd love to fix the issue.  Nick and Lauren also walked me through the issues yesterday that you have been experiencing and I just want to make sure that I'm capturing everything.   

Once the fix goes in, it needs to go through our deployment process in order to make it to the hosted system.  Also, it may be that the bug has already been fixed and checked into our code repository, is currently being tested and is getting scheduled for deployment.   If it hasn't been fixed yet, I will work on getting it prioritized with management.

You can email me at qwong@adobe.com.

#15 2009-04-12 17:01:11

**_JohnK_**

We have spend hours, working with Adobe support, trying to figure out what triggers the lack of users being able to complete a single course after resume. Issue is intermittent and now registered as a Presenter bug #2308889

However - I think its a Connect training bug, while the same Presenter content will work fine wrapped into one course, but fail on resume in the next course.

Quinn: Do you have any news?

John K.

#16 2009-10-29 17:11:25

**_darthbane2004_**

Hi,

I and another individual have actually taken over for the project mentioned by Luke in the following thread http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1674

We experienced the same or a similar problem mentioned in this thread throughout the course of the project. We just manually overrode the status of anyone who had a problem moving forward, but we had a large group of users and this ended up affecting roughly 1/4 of them, so it took a lot of time. We're currently talking with a reseller of Connect and Adobe Support regarding this issue, and judging from our conversations and threads like this, it seems to me like we're running into this same bug.

It's not resulting from quiz settings, as I tested adjusting the "attempts" settings in the presenter file and still met with the same error, and it's not due to the pass/fail settings on any quiz questions because it was set up so that participants were able to pass the module as long as they answered the questions, didn't matter whether correctly or incorrectly. Also, the course was locked so there was no user self-advancement of slides. Once the quiz screen showed up, all the user could do in order to proceed was answer the question.

It didn't affect all users, but we haven't found any settings that would have caused the issue. We also haven't yet seen any discernable pattern in those affected, and at this point the client is very upset about hearing from so many users about the trouble they had and may extend the project to allow for those who were stuck the chance to complete it.

Any updates on this issue? Does it just affect modules containing quizzes, or the transition from normal to quiz modules or vice versa?

Thanks for any help,
Kirk

#17 2009-10-30 08:03:56

**_jcooper9099_**

It's not a problem with settings or anything like that. It is how the the users attempts get reported to the connect server. The user's position in the training is persistient across sessions but the users slide views are not. In example: Say a users needs to watch a 50 slide presentation to get credit. They watch 30 of the slides and then close the window because they have a meeting. They then resume an hour later and the presentation picks them right back up at slide 31. They finnish the module but the status showas as incomplete.  Looking at the back end it appears to the connect server that the user only watched slides 31-50 but not 1-30, hence they appear as incomplete.

#18 2009-10-30 10:01:30

**_darthbane2004_**

Thanks for your response, jcooper! Do you know of any way to get around this issue at this point other than just manually overriding the status of those users that encounter the problem?

Thanks again,
Kirk

#19 2009-10-30 10:33:20

**_JohnK_**

@darthbane2004:

Does your learning content include the "result-slide" = Check: "Show score at the end of quiz" in the presenter quiz module.

I have used this "work-around" once with succes - on the Presenter bug #2308889 i described in this thread.

Let me know if this apply to your project?

John K.

Last edited by **_JohnK_** (2009-10-30 10:35:25)

#20 2009-10-30 11:07:09

**_darthbane2004_**

Hi John,

No, we didn't have this  module show the results of the quiz to the users. It was designed with quiz questions that they didn't have to get right or wrong, really just to make sure they were paying attention and had to interact somewhat with the module in order to complete it.

So were you able to avoid the issue by showing a quiz results slide at some point in the module, whether after the last question or at the end?

Thanks very much for your help!
Kirk

#21 2009-10-30 11:20:03

**_JohnK_**

Kirk,

After each quiz.

I will be simple for you to test - if it have any effect on your project.

If I have - you can modify the slide - if you don't want to show the results to the students (Guess you won't as the score is irrelevant for you project :-)

John K.

#22 2009-10-30 14:26:34

**_darthbane2004_**

John,

Thanks again for your response. While we didn't have an overall score slide, once users actually responded to the true/false questions it would display on that same quiz slide whether they were correct or incorrect, and they then just needed to press anywhere on the page to proceed. We may try including the overall score results in a test run to see if that helps.

Thanks!
Kirk

Board footer