Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-12-01 11:33:09

**_feebee45_**

Recording problem

I just recorded an hour long meeting in a meeting room that was created in 6, but still around and convererted during our upgrade to 7. I went to record the meeting - and everything seemed fine - but now when i go to "recordings" - the meeting wont play. There is a - under current duration, but it does show the length of the recording (53 minutes). It doesnt allow me to "edit orgininal" either. Does anyone know what is happening? This is my first time trying to record a meeting using Pro 7.

Thank you,
Amanda

#2 2008-12-01 12:18:45

**_santhony_**

Re: Recording problem

Have you done any other test recordings (under 5 minutes or so) to see if its the same behavior in that meeting room versus a new meeting room that was just created?

#3 2008-12-01 12:41:15

**_feebee45_**

I did to a test. it looks the same -- says duration, but not "current duration" - also is the same dash under edit orgininal. So i assumed it was broken - but when accessed, i could get into the meeting. I am hesitant to sit through another hour to record it again - and it not work. i feel like it's just somethign with version 7 that i am missing.

#4 2008-12-01 13:54:15

**_santhony_**

Was the test in the current meeting room? If so, create a brand new meeting room and do another 3-5 minute test in it. If it does not exhibit the same problems, you may just need to delete and recreate your meeting room. If you have the same problem in the new meeting room, then you may want to contact support or take a look at your debug.log files to see what happens during those recording builds.

#5 2008-12-01 14:41:19

**_roysdenc_**

I have also seen this happen, and in my case, I came back a day or so later and everything was there and working properly - Adobe couldn't explain what happened.  However, I have also seen where this happens and nothing ends up working.  I agree with Shayla, the next step would be to create a new meeting room and test there.  We have some of our old rooms that were converted, but have moved almost exclusivly to new rooms.  I don't quite trust things that are converted like the move from 6.1 to 7.

-Chris

#6 2008-12-09 02:08:48

**_santhony_**

If your licensed - Have you looked through your logs on the server for the archive creation process to see if there are any visible error messages?

If your hosted - I'd pick up the phone and give support a call :)

Board footer