Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-21 16:41:26

**_kraigyb_**

Hosting Fee for Published Content

I've been told that there is an additional anual hosting fee to be able to pubish to our hosted Connect account?  In the trial version of Presenter I was able to publish directly to my Connect account, even though I'm not a member of the the Authors group.  Is this something thats just enabled for the trial version?

Can anyone clear this up?

Thanks,
craig

#2 2008-11-21 18:13:55

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Hosting Fee for Published Content

With a hosted account you will need to purchase a Hosted Access License which allows an individual to be added to the Authors group. This will allow you to publish content directly to the Connect server.

#3 2008-11-21 23:20:22

**_kraigyb_**

Thanks for the quick reply.  I called Adobe, was transferred to 3 different "departments" and no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

#4 2008-11-25 14:33:48

**_roysdenc_**

Have you spoken to anyone in their sales department (rather than tech support for example)?  We use a hosted service with an anual contract that includes all the hosting, support, and everything else we would need.  If you currently use connect and have a hosted setup, there may be a limit as to how much space you have available to you or something like that, which might mean an additional charge if you have overage.  Otherwise, I do not know where or when there would be something other than the agreed upon rate. 

I would first talk to who ever owns the agreement with Adobe on your end to see what your agreement is.  After that, or if you do not currently have an agreement, I would talk to Adobe sales.  If you would like I can get you my sales reps info.

-Chris

#5 2008-11-25 16:37:01

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Adobe does not currently charge for disk space, so you don't need to worry about that cost. For a hosted account you will need to purchase the Hosted Access (author) license.

Board footer