Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-18 01:40:04

**_jturkle_**

Connect Limitation for assigning content/meetings to training

There is a little known limitation in Connect for you those more robust users of Connect who have more than 100 active and/or inactive authors/meeting hosts in Connect.

If you are trying to scroll through your content folders in the Connect training wizard  and you find yourself unable to scroll beyond your screen fold where the list content folders should be displayed, you will find yourself in the unenviable position of not being able to find the content folder you are looking for. To get around that unfortunate problem here is what you will need to do:

You will have to address the problem through your browser's address bar as Connect will only display 100 user content rows at a time in the wizard.

1. Change the number of rows from 100 to a nukbe closer to your where you need to be:

Workaround #1: Increase the row display

To increase the number of rows displayed look at your Browser address bar and change the default part of the address string (see example below)

#2 2008-12-17 01:57:50

**_santhony_**

Re: Connect Limitation for assigning content/meetings to training

You can also use this URL hack in other areas of of Connect as well, especially if you have a large installation of Connect, with a lot of users. It allows you to move through the users faster without having to click "next", "next", "next".

ie  https:// server.domain.com/admin/meeting/folder/list?filter-rows=100&filter-start=0&sco-id=76971&tab-id=76971

to

https:// server.domain.com/admin/meeting/folder/list?filter-rows=1000&filter-start=2000&sco-id=76971&tab-id=76971

It takes a little while to get used to it, but once you are you get a feel for where particular users and meetings etc are located.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by **_santhony_** (2008-12-17 01:58:18)

#3 2009-02-19 18:13:19

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Connect Limitation for assigning content/meetings to training

These are cool hacks. I just got around almost all of the limitations of the server by creating my own application using the API. I figure it could handle 100,000 users before a slowdown would occur (calculations based on my machine). Right now I can view as many users as my entire screen resolution alows, search for them by name or email (Webmanager can't do that) or any other item attached to a principal id.

Board footer