Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-18 00:44:21

**_jturkle_**

Major problems with Presenter 7 audio architecture

I have been carefully dissecting several problems with Presenter 7 and wanted to see if anyone else had experienced similar problems.

It appears that Presenter 7 audio file handling protocol has significantly changed from Presenter 6 causing a myriad of problems.

1. Presenter 7 no longer deletes or adds additional audio files based on any editing changes made through the Presenter software. Now you can add or delete Power Ponit files without adding or deleting the audio file files in Presenter.

2. Editing or changing audio volume adds significant audio artifacts to the audio editor and published files.

3. Some editing audio will cause the Presenter  audio editor to display the audio playback  differently from the actual palyback

3. Duplicated or edited audio only refers to the original audio file and does not actulaly edit the slide audio itself.

4. Presenter 7 will not publish audio files accurately due to the fact that it does not  cretae unique audio files during the editing process.

5. Edited audio files in Presenter 7 will play back in the audio editor differently depending on whether the slide audio is played back consecutively with the previous audio file or played independently from the slide audio.

6.  Presenter 7 will corrupt itself based on incorrect management of audio files.

#2 2008-11-18 15:10:38

**_cjwetc_**

Re: Major problems with Presenter 7 audio architecture

We're also experiencing a problem with Presenter 7.  When recording audio on a slide, we try to pause and then restart the recording.  When we restart the recording, the time indicator looks correct as the previous audio is being added to the currently recording audio.  When we're done recording, we stop and then it only retains the audio that was recorded after pausing.  Is anybody else noticing that behavior?

#3 2008-11-19 17:23:46

**_jturkle_**

Yes, you are correct. I tested this myself and Presenter is not integrating both parts of a paused recording. I'm certain it has to do with the new audio file system in Presenter.

I have brought this to the attention of Connect support and have added it to my list or issues I have with the product.

#4 2008-11-21 14:27:31

**_cjwetc_**

Rahul,

What are you are saying looks like it is the case however I don't think this solves the problem I am having.  This really seems to be undesired behavior as I and several other staff in my department believe that pausing and recording again would not remove what you had recorded before.  The staff here are telling me that Presenter 6 did not handle pausing this way.  In my opinion, pausing and then recording again should start up where we left off while the current behavior would make more sense being on the stop button.

#5 2008-12-09 19:56:13

**_JohnK_**

Rahulsaxena - any update?

John K.

Board footer