Menu

#1 2008-11-13 10:07:17

**_Carri.Saari_**

UGH! No audio/video/chat log with recording

OH - this is unbelievably horrible.

I ran two meetings yesterday.

The first one live - flawless.
The second one live - flawless.

Today I go in to crop the recordings and move them to a shared folder.

Meeting one - perfect recording.
The second one - no audio, no video and no chat log!

Why? Is any of it retrievable? If so, how?

So bad. Not good. Oh, man....

sorry for the 'UGH!' in the thread title...I was just completely disappointed.

: (

Last edited by **_Carri.Saari_** (2008-11-13 10:45:40)

#2 2008-11-13 12:07:21

**_gajett_**

Re: UGH! No audio/video/chat log with recording

some of it may be 'retrievable', but it may not be useful unless you've got lots of time.
first - hosted or licensed?  if hosted, contact adobe, i don't know if you'll have the appropriate access to see what you need to see.
If licensed, you'll need file system access to the server.  you'll be able to access the individual .flv files.
if you are licensed, let me know and i can tell you in greater detail how to find the files.

Greg

#3 2008-11-13 12:11:22

**_Carri.Saari_**

I believe we have our own server here. I just submitted a ticket to our helpdesk. They aren't geniuses with Adobe yet, so if you could send along some info I can pass it on to them.

THANK YOU!

#4 2008-11-14 10:23:07

**_gajett_**

1. You will need filesystem access to your connect server
2. you will need the sco id of the recording
   a. if the recording is still associated with the meeting, go to the meeting information page and click on recordings.
   b. look at the url and find the sco-id, make note of it.
3. in the filesystem on the connect server find the breeze directory (still called breeze by default)
4. you can:
   a. search for the sco-id using the built-in search (in win server OS)
   b.  find it yourself by browsing around.  the path will be similar to: \breeze\content\7\your-sco-id
5.  note all of the files.  the .flv files contain the a/v info.  (adobe media player will play the .flvs)

depending on what your goal is, it is possible to edit all of the a/v info together to get one coherent file.  it won't play back inside of connect, but you can distribute a flash video, or easier, just an mp3 of the audio.

Greg

#5 2008-11-17 10:52:37

**_gajett_**

Carri,

i forgot that I knew an easier way--

http://yourmeetingrecordinglink/output/foo.zip?download=zip

insert your meeting recording link, and change foo to whatever name you want for the file.

this will download in zip format all of the recording files.  .flv, .xml, etc...
quicker and easier than rooting around in the file system. 

Greg

#6 2008-12-15 12:32:07

**_Carri.Saari_**

I got a message back -

Not Found

The selected resource does not exist.

I then tried another meeting that had a bad recording. Got this in return:

com.macromedia.airspeed.StatusException$NoAccess: <status code="no-access"/>
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.ContentHandler.sendFile(ContentHandler.java:385)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.ContentHandler.sendMappedFile(ContentHandler.java:301)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.ContentHandler.service(ContentHandler.java:112)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:263)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
    at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
    at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
    at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

#7 2008-12-18 10:19:33

**_gajett_**

That's the message you get when you're not logged in. 
To be more specific:
Log-in to your Connect server, navigate to the meeting, navigate to the meeting's recording, copy the URL for the recording, and in a new tab (IE7, FireFox, Safari, Opera) paste the recording URL and append /output/foo.zip?download=zip  where foo.zip is the filename of your zip file.

Technically, you can do all of this from the same tab, since your session will remain active until you close the browser window, but tabs keep the confusion down.

Greg

#8 2008-12-18 10:35:29

**_Carri.Saari_**

Cool! That worked. But now what do I do with these files?

ftcontent1.flv
ftcontent.xml
ftstage3/flv
ftstage3.xml
etc.

I tried opening the indexstream.flv with FlashPlayer 9, but got only a blank screen; and indexstream.xml with IE but it opens in code.

-----

Moments later...I uploaded the .zip file to Connect and am hoping the recording will play there now....

Last edited by **_Carri.Saari_** (2008-12-18 10:57:55)

#9 2008-12-18 10:57:56

**_gajett_**

Flash won't help.  Download Adobe Media Player.  That will play the .flv files.
Here's a very brief description of what you are seeing:
the .flv files are the audio/video/screen or other share files.
everything else is either timing information, text data or containers.  Typically, the host's  (or the main presenter's) .flv file is the largest.

I have had good luck using Super (see my post in this topic: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1530 )
to convert the appropriate .flvs to avi, mpg, mov, mp3, etc... to create a usable video w/ audio, or just an mp3 of the audio.
Once you've downloaded and played w/ a meeting you are familiar with you'll see what all the pieces are and how they generally fit together so you can make the best use of all of those files.

Good Luck!

Greg

#10 2009-01-09 09:17:27

**_Carri.Saari_**

I have not been able to get any of these files to play - not even with Adobe Media Player.

The FLV files' timestamp reads 1:02:50 which was the actual running time of the session, so it seems like there is something there.

Any ideas?

(NOTE: I also tried doing this with a file that played correctly as a recorded lecture in Connect; the 'healthy' files don't play with Flashplayer or Adobe Media Player either.)

Last edited by **_Carri.Saari_** (2009-01-09 09:33:18)

Board footer