Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-10 17:34:16

**_gmagerr_**

Can someone explain the different server roles?

Hi all

Could someone please explain to me the different components of connect and how they are used? For example there's the connect enterprise server, then there's the meeting server. I'm a little confused and would like to understand this as much as possible. There are three services running, Adobe Connect Enterprise Service (BreezeApp)
Flash Media Administration Server (FMSAdmin)
Flash Media Server (FMS)
Could someone please explain how these correlate to the servers? The reason I'm asking is our backend SQL server did a hard power off the other day, I restarted it, and started getting emails about people being unable to connect to launch meetings. It appears that if the SQL server goes down you need to restart the services on the connect servers. I'd like to understand all of this better, didn't really find a clear explanation in any of the adobe documentation.

Thanks.

#2 2008-11-15 07:29:54

**_20108_**

Re: Can someone explain the different server roles?

Under normal circumstances you should just restart the Adobe Connect Enterprise Service

'Normal' covers disconected SQL-server, changes you make to xml-files (typically Notifications and Reminders) and html pages (typically startmain.html)

Upgrades and SP's to Connect requires a restart of the server - a service restart is not enough.

Hope this helps.

Ole Kristensen

Board footer