Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-24 09:29:07

**_Freerainbow_**

Is it possible to duplicate a meeting room?

Hi there,

I created a meeting room which contains all of my layouts and pods for remote training sessions. Another product line wants to train the same topic but would need to make some changes to the meeting room for their training sessions. Is it possible to make a copy of a meeting room? I can't find any documentation anywhere.

I guess I could move my existing room to a template and then create a two new ones from it (one to recreate my room and one for the adapted room). But then I wouldn't have the same URL as before and I already included a link to the meeting room in my documentation.

Any better ideas?

Thanks

#2 2008-10-24 11:07:44

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Is it possible to duplicate a meeting room?

Yes,

Move your meeting room into a template folder and then you can copy the room over and over again. However, you should NOT user the template room for meetings because the changes will be reflected in future rooms created from it.

#3 2008-10-24 11:14:03

**_Freerainbow_**

Thanks - but that's the same suggestion I had in my post. :) I was looking for a different suggestion, maybe something along the lines of a Save As (although I know you can't do that) that keeps my existing meeting room where it is, with the same URL intact and then creates a new room room with a different URL.

#4 2008-10-24 17:14:33

**_dyun_**

This is a bit of a "workaround" but it will work, I just tested it.

1) Move the meeting you wish to copy to the My Templates Directory
2) Create a new meeting and choose that meeting in the Templates dropdown
3) Once the new meeting is created, move the original meeting back to its original location

The original meeting retained its URL and can be used as it normally would.

As for the newly created meeting, you can either move it to the Shared Templates directory if you want to create multiple rooms from it in the future, or just move the meeting to the other user's folder for them to modify and start using.

Hope that helps,
David

#5 2008-10-25 08:43:59

**_Freerainbow_**

Thanks David, that's perfect.  It would be nice in a future release  if they could make the process easier.

#6 2008-10-25 11:57:59

**_dyun_**

Agreed this is not intuitive and more steps than it should be.  I'll pass this request along to the product team.

Best,
David

Board footer