Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-23 15:27:38

**_mhals_**

Group-to-group conferencing

i'm looking for recommendations for an audio setup that allows a two-way group interaction with another group (i.e. 5 people in a conference room talking with 5 people in another conference room).

the meetings include powerpoint presentation from both sides followed by discussion.

so far we've tried miking the presenter during the powerpoint and plugged a polycom conference speakerphone into the host laptop for the discussion.  it works, but if the miked presenter toggles their mic 'on' during the discussion, or if the polycom is left 'on' during the presentation, echoes overwhelm.  it doesn't help that we sometimes deal with a multi-second delay to nairobi.

any other ideas?  has anyone experimented with multiple headset/mics running into one laptop running connect?

matt

#2 2008-10-28 12:41:10

**_mstork_**

Re: Group-to-group conferencing

you need a small mixer w/ adapter on the output for 1/8" input in laptop.
I use an 8 channel mixer with different lav, handheld, room mics that I mix (turn on and off) when they're not talking.

Have them do the same on the other end.

It helps to use one laptop for powerpoint sharing and another for audio.

#3 2008-11-06 11:17:28

**_CCWWW_**

We use a duet exective speakerphone from Phoenix.   It can sit in the middle of a conference table and everyone can be heard.  The talk button can be locked, but I usuallly try to have someone turn it off when the other group is speaking (not as much for the feedback, but so that my groups little comments can not be heard).

#4 2008-11-06 16:23:05

**_dyun_**

FYI...

There is a how to tutorial on integrating the Phoenix DUET speakerphone here: http://www.adobe.com/resources/breeze/m … eaker.html  While it still refers to "Breeze" it applies to Connect Pro.

You also might want to check out the Acoustic Magic Voice Tracker array mic: http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/acousticmagic/

Best.
David

Board footer