Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-13 10:01:58

**_armouzat_**

Adobe Connect meeting recordings from version 6 to version 7

Dear all
We are installing Adobe Connect version 7. Previously, we used the version 6 and we made recordings of some meetings. Now we want to uninstall the version 6 without loosing our recordings.
Does anyone knows if it is possible to keep (or to export) recordings made under version 6 to version 7.
Thanks in advance.

Arnaud MOUZAT
Universit

#2 2008-10-13 10:10:50

**_santhony_**

Re: Adobe Connect meeting recordings from version 6 to version 7

My understanding is that when you upgrade to C7, your C6 recordings are kept and converted to C7.

I'm not sure if what happens if you copy C6 content to a C7 directory if you directly install C7 instead of upgrading from C6.

Friendly post bump...

#3 2008-10-14 15:24:59

**_roysdenc_**

I use hosted service so I can't help you with what to do, but I can tell you that when my hosted service upgraded, I still have my old recordings.

Chris

#4 2008-10-28 14:07:18

**_carlestes_**

some of our recordings play back and others do not. has anyone see this before. is there a limit on how long a recording can be? we have not upgraded to 7 yet. any ideas?

#5 2008-10-31 17:17:51

**_roysdenc_**

So, from what I have seen, there is not a shelf life on recordings (I have some dating back to 2005/2006), and there is not a max length (though we all know shorter is better). 

Regarding your recordings specifically, when they do not play back, what happens when you go to the link?  Does it do nothing?  Does the meeting load but you can't see or hear anything?  What is the behavior and how many have you found with this problem?  I had some meeting recordings break with SP3 for Connect 6.  The recording would load and you could hear the auido, but the visual part (slides and screen share) were gone.  I have heard of the opposite as well.  Adobe attributed the problem to SP3 and said they couldn't fix it.

The other thing to check is that the recording still exhists.  We did have one situation where a recording was acidently deleted by someone on our side, so that is always a possibility as well.

Board footer