Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-13 09:05:02

**_emeraldrgn_**

Installing the Add-in on a portable drive

Does anyone know how to install the Connect Add-in on a Flash Drive, to use as a portable app?

I occassionally must work with other computers that do not have the necessary resources to attend Adobe Connect meetings, and I do not have admin rights to install these resources. I'm trying to install everything I need on a Flash drive to use as a portable app.

Thanks

Erik

#2 2008-10-13 10:48:33

**_santhony_**

Re: Installing the Add-in on a portable drive

Although this would be a great idea, I don't think that it is possible.

The Connect Add-In is a modified version of Flash. The installation paths are local to the harddrive. It shows up in add/remove programs so that tells me that it has to be installed locally for it to work. 

If you install it directly from a meeting, it doesn't give you the option of where to physically install it either. I havn't tried to manually install it, but I also don't think you get that option either.

I would love to hear others opionions..

#3 2008-10-13 15:53:22

**_gajett_**

You shouldn't need admin rights.  We use it on *very* locked down lab machines (both win & mac) without any difficulty.  It's only if you try the download/install install that you are prompted for credentials.  If you use the meeting test, step 4 should install the add-in on nearly any computer.  Otherwise, enter a meeting and wait to get promoted, or use the in-meeting install prompt.

Greg

#4 2008-10-14 13:50:44

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Greg is right,

Since the Add-in is installing into an existing program on the computer (Flash Player) it should not be blocked by Admin Rights.

Board footer