Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-06 21:52:22

**_jbischke_**

Always need to manually select headset

Everytime I use Adobe Connect I have to run the audio setup wizard because my USB headset is never picked up automatically.  This isn't a huge deal for me because I know to do this prior to running a session.  However, I'm not sure our users are as savvy.

Are there any known issues around headsets not being automatically configured with Connect?

P.S.  I've never had this problem with Skype.

#2 2008-10-07 02:09:47

**_santhony_**

Re: Always need to manually select headset

Just curious - does windows know your USB headset exists before you start your meeting or is your audio still playing through your computer speakers.

Are you using the default windows built in drivers or the ones that come with your headset?

#3 2008-10-07 11:02:22

**_jbischke_**

It picks it up for output automatically, just not for input. 

I will double-check on the drivers.  However, it's strange that I only have this issue with Connect and not Skype, Tokbox, etc. 

Also, why is there no option to have Connect remember settings like this?  I can see having to have to set this stuff once but it seems like there should be something to lock in the settings once it has been configured.

#4 2008-10-07 11:05:27

**_santhony_**

What kind of headset do you have? I've not seen the issue before so I'm only taking some guesses as to what may be happening.

My suggestion is to see if the default windows drivers do you any better than the ones installed with your headset. Maybe skype is aware of the drivers and Connect is not - not exactly sure what drivers Connect knows about and how they are accessed.

Keep us updated when you can please.

#5 2008-10-07 14:28:45

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

jbischke wrote:

I

Also, why is there no option to have Connect remember settings like this?

Connect should remember this setting after you do the wizard once. This sounds like an issue with the headset. The question of what headset does seem valid here.

Board footer