Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-06 21:47:43

**_jbischke_**

No audio and frozen video with recorded session

Hey all.  Recorded a session tonight.  At the beginning of the session (before I started recorded) I "paused" my camera.  However, I unpaused before the session began and before I pressed record.  Audio and video worked fine for the session and everyone was able to see and hear me OK.  However, now when I go back in to view the recording I see my video as frozen and don't hear any audio.  The slides move and the timer is moving so it's "playing", just without audio or video.

Has anyone seen this before?

#2 2008-10-06 22:18:04

**_jbischke_**

Re: No audio and frozen video with recorded session

Forwarded about 20 minutes in and the audio and video finally starts.  So apparently the issue that we're facing is with sync.  So basically this issue:

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … 3722#p3722

#3 2008-10-07 10:55:16

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

There has been an issue in previous versions of Connect related to pausing your camera. This messed up time lines behind the scenes before, and I would avoid doing it if possible in the future. Either turn the camera off or use a Jpg image for yourself. That may solve the problem.

#4 2008-10-07 10:59:20

**_jbischke_**

OK Jorma.  That's good to know.  Since session recording is a big deal to us ideally we would turn off that functionality for our users.  Most of them don't know how to use this feature anyway but if simply pressing the pause button messes up the recording this badly I'd love to figure out a way to disable that.

#5 2008-10-07 14:24:35

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

As an Admin to the account, you can use the Compliance and Control options to disable the video pod. I don't believe that there is an option to disable the pause video.

I'm not totally sure if this is the cause of your problem, but it was an issue with Connect 6 SP2.

Don't know if dyun would have any input on this.

Board footer