Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-24 16:35:31

**_CCWWW_**

install connect add-in

when I go to a meeting and go to audio setup wizard it says to install connect add-in (which I know is already install).  When I hit install it just freezes and never install.  If I skip ths step and go to next the system works okay.  Any thoughts?  (This has happened on more than one computer, in more than one meeting over the last week).

#2 2008-09-24 16:45:25

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: install connect add-in

Not sure why that option appeared. I got the same experience that you did. I think Adobe placed it there as another option of when to install the add-in. It doesn't seem to look to whether or not the add-in is already installed though. I would tell people to ignore that button for now.

#3 2008-09-25 10:38:00

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Try manipulating the URL in the browser URL to say true instead of false. For instance, if the browser URL is domain.acrobat.com/_axxxxxxxxx/jddemo?launcher=false, change the false to true, and then bookmark that URL on any machine that you're using.

#4 2008-09-29 09:19:11

**_santhony_**

It could be a few different things.

What you could do is remove the add-in and try letting it re-install from the installation prompt to see if that resolves it.

If that doesn't resolve it, you will need to manually remove flash from your computer using the flash removal tool, removing any flash versions from add/remove programs menu, removing any shockwave installations (if you have them) and then removing the add in and any flash active X controls in add/remove programs.

Once that is done, restart. Run the flash removal tool once more to make sure flash is removed (it won't remove any active flash which is why the restart is necessary.

Once that is done, reinstall flash, then try to reinstall the add-in and see if it continues to prompt you.

Good luck :)

#5 2008-09-30 11:17:23

**_CCWWW_**

Thanks- I removed the add-in then reinstalled and it seens to be working now.

Board footer