Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-22 12:35:44

**_mikeh123_**

Multicast support for video

New to Adobe Connect and was curious to know if the product provides support for multicast video.  Project I am working involves testing existing adobe connect install over a 2-way SATCOM network.  Works fine but scaling is going to be an issue as we add users.  I would like to leverage inherent multicast support of my satcom network to reduce bandwidth requirements.   Is there some sort of bridge product available?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2008-09-23 00:23:47

**_DIAC_**

Re: Multicast support for video

We too are implementing Adobe Connect and would be interested in knowing if Connect can support Multicasting. I am awaiting further information from our suppliers here in Australia, will let you know if I get any information.

#3 2008-09-23 13:59:23

**_gprivat_**

Re: Multicast support for video

Acrobat Connect Pro leverages the Flash Platform communication protocol called RTMP.  Today RTMP does not support multicasting.
Some work is happening, starting with Flash Player 10, to enhance the RTMP protocol with a new UDP based protocol called RTMFP that supports P2P.  To read more on RTMFP and Flash Player 10, go to http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flas … notes.html .

Board footer