Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-20 13:13:58

**_swartz4209_**

Publishing Glitches

I'm running into a couple of issues when publishing my materials created in PowerPoint and published with Adobe Presenter.

Since I've recorded voice over on some slides now the slides without audio or video have zero time.  This is true even though in the settings I've set a 4 second default for slides with no audio or video.  Before I recorded the audio every slide had 4 seconds.  It's only after I added audio (to some) that it happened.  Is there a way to solve this without adding recorded silence to all of these slides?

I have a couple pesky slides that no matter how many times I synchronize the animations to the audio when I publish it doesn't publish correctly.  Things appear all at once - or in the wrong order even though in PPT and in the presenter timeline the clicks and timing appear correctly.  What can I do?  Has anyone experienced this?  Is there any way to trouble shoot it? 

Thanks for your help.
Aimee

#2 2008-09-22 11:01:32

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Publishing Glitches

Aimee,

Basic questions first:
What version of Presenter and PPT are you using?

If using Presenter 7 did you download the patch for Presenter 7.0.1? This patch solves many of the audio issues with Presenter 7.

If you are running into slides losing audio, did you go back and manually insert silence? This is a work around, but may solve the problem.

As to the animations, are they all set to On Click? If not then you don't have much control over when they appear. Also some animations are not supported by Presenter. Most of these are emphasis animations, but they may lead to the issues that you are having. If you want to see the list of supported animations, it is here:
Presenter 7 Animation Issues and
General Animation Support for Presenter

If these aren't answers to your questions, let me know and we'll keep looking for answers.

If you could post a link to the published presentation that would help, theoretical advice is a bit off target sometimes.

#3 2009-02-09 17:37:52

**_vrn_**

I have a similar problem -

I have several slides which have a progression of photos which are to be triggered by a mouse click.  When I convert to Publisher - the "on click"  feature is lost.  Any help?

#4 2009-02-11 17:56:10

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

When you say you have "several slides which have a progression of photos which are to be triggered by a mouse click", do you mean that you used animations to have the images appear and disappear with entrance and exit animations? If you used another tool in PPT, then the issue may be that you chose a feature that is not supported by Presenter.

#5 2009-02-11 20:27:49

**_vrn_**

correct -  I have animations on the slide.   As I experiment with publishing the PPT to Presenter,  I am discovering that the manual use "on-click" functionality in PPT is converted in Presenter to an automatic timed automation -  so I have to set the timings to coincide as best possible with the spoken narrative.   Also, today - when I ran the Adobe program in reader -  the animations did not play at all (when I was doing my presentations).   When I tried troubleshooting it afterward, and re-opened the PDF -  all the animations were intact again.   Very frustrating.

Board footer