Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-16 10:36:21

**_melanieb_**

Recent Sound Issues

We have been using Connect Pro VOIP for the past 4 months with hardly any problems.  Maybe an occasional delay in sound due to the speaker's internet connection.  This past week we have been having terrible problems.  Last night, for example, we had a meeting and the sound was cutting out so bad that I only heard every other sentence.

This also happened to 2 other speakers each using a different computer and connection.  All of the other participants in the room were having problems also.  Has anyone else been having more problems recently?  Is there an issue with the Adobe Connect?

#2 2008-09-18 11:23:56

**_gatorgal615_**

Re: Recent Sound Issues

On virgin V7 for three months - a workaround (trick) is setting up audio before video.  Seems to help.  I'd exit the room, clear cookies/temp files in browser, re-enter room and set up audio again.

Also, all was working well during one meeting until one of our presenters turned off everyone's audio using the dropdown.  From then on out the VoIP was choppy from everyone in that location.  Three other locations did not have a problem.

#3 2008-09-22 12:56:34

**_CCWWW_**

We have had this problem since we updated to V7.  I will try the workaround.  I sure hope that they are working on this problem.

#4 2008-09-26 16:21:09

**_santhony_**

You may want to try disabling the enhanced audio features inside your meeting room. In order to troubleshoot which person is causing the issue it is recommended that everyone has this disabled, but you can start with your presenters first to see if that makes any difference for you.

Also check to make sure that Echo cancellation is turned off on your webcam/mic to see if that may also be causing some of the issues.

Good luck!

#5 2008-10-01 11:07:22

**_bhurley_**

melanieb wrote:

We have been using Connect Pro VOIP for the past 4 months with hardly any problems.  Maybe an occasional delay in sound due to the speaker's internet connection.  This past week we have been having terrible problems.  Last night, for example, we had a meeting and the sound was cutting out so bad that I only heard every other sentence.

This also happened to 2 other speakers each using a different computer and connection.  All of the other participants in the room were having problems also.  Has anyone else been having more problems recently?  Is there an issue with the Adobe Connect?

We've also had this problem over the last week and it's getting to an unacceptable level. We're actually having to cancel classes. Could it be that we need to upgrade our server or is there a bug in the application?

#6 2008-10-07 02:16:46

**_santhony_**

I do believe that Adobe has mentioned some issues with Enhanced Audio recently, there are other messages on this board as well that are similar as well mentioning it as a bug. You may want to contact support to discuss with them.

Last edited by **_santhony_** (2008-10-07 02:17:34)

#7 2008-11-15 07:24:34

**_20108_**

There is a bug in Connect IMHO:

Workarounds:
Disable Use Enhanced Audio as suggested in earlier mails
AND
Be sure that you have the camera pod in ALL layouts even if you don't need them!
If in the way cover them up with another pod.

Description of bug:
If you start out with the Camera pod and then move to Layout with no camera pod the Host audio will be crap from that point.

Board footer