Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-09 14:09:49

**_jbischke_**

How to make Connect Pro look more like Connect Now?

We've had some users test both Connect Pro and Connect Now and the general consensus is that users prefer the Connect Now UI.  I haven't heard any official word that Connect Pro's UI is going to move in that direction so I'm wondering what options we might have to modify the UI in Connect Pro to make it look more like Connect Now.  We're on the hosted version so I'm not even sure this is an option for us at this point.  Any thoughts?

#2 2008-09-09 15:12:14

**_dyun_**

Re: How to make Connect Pro look more like Connect Now?

HI,

This is entirely possible using the Meeting Templates feature.  I've almost completed a how to tutorial about this feature which you can view here:
http://aquo.adobe.acrobat.com/p26173849/ (sneak peek!)

So basically, what you would want to do is the following:

1. Create a new meeting template with one layout with only the pods you wish to have showing by default and move it to the Shared Templates directory
2. Delete all of the out of the box templates (or move them to another directory in case you want to use them later) from the Shared Templates directory
3. All meetings created by users from that point on will only have that single layout with the pods you've made available by default.

If that does not make sense let me know.

Best,
David

#3 2008-09-09 15:49:27

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

dyun wrote:

2. Delete all of the out of the box templates (or move them to another directory in case you want to use them later) from the Shared Templates directory

As a note on this, if you delete the out of the box templates, and decide later that you want them back, it is a long process with Adobe support to get them back. The better option is to move them to a different folder or directory.

#4 2008-09-09 16:04:48

**_jbischke_**

Thanks David and Jorma.  I really appreciate the help.  I've made templates before and that process seems pretty straight-forward.  However, when I look at Connect Now there are some other significant differences in the UI.  For example:

http://www.masternewmedia.org/images/ad … rface.html

The buttons for microphone and video are bigger and IMHO, much more intuitive in Connect Now.  That's the type of thing we would like to do in Connect Pro.  Is that possible?

#5 2008-09-09 16:08:51

**_dyun_**

Unfortunately the UI components are not skinable as of now, but I'll let the product team know that your organization prefers the user interaction model in Connect Now.  This will help guide how the UI develops going forward.

#6 2008-09-09 16:14:40

**_jbischke_**

Thanks David.  I think the Connect Now interface more resembles the new "Web" with more color, larger icons, etc.  It would be incredible at some point to offer skinning of CP.  Then you guys wouldn't have to worry about making all those tough UI decisions on your own. :)

#7 2008-09-09 23:50:44

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

be a good idea to keep up on what cocomo is all about, IMO:

http://blogs.adobe.com/collabmethods/

#8 2008-09-10 08:42:47

**_pafell_**

I must admit I also prefer the look of Connect Now over the current Connect Pro UI.  (But I think they both look great and function well.)

One thing I do have to say that I think is superior in Connect Now (and hope that Adobe will implement into a future version of Connect Pro) is the handling of Application Sharing.  In Connect Now, when you switch to Application/Screen Sharing it puts a palette of tools on the host's screen which makes it MUCH more intuitive for them to switch back out of App Share mode.  Also, if I'm not mistaken it also give them visual cues if someone sends a text chat while in this view which is also helpful.  This is something that WebEx already has and I'm hoping that the Adobe guys can confirm is in the works for a future version of Connect Pro.

Can any of you Adobe guys confirm that this is in the works?

#9 2008-09-11 13:38:57

**_dyun_**

Publicly commenting on future product info is a dicey proposition.  All I can say is that this is a capability that has been asked for many times and the product team has been made aware of this.

#10 2008-09-11 16:01:39

**_pafell_**

Hi David,
didn't mean to put you on the spot.  :)

But I'm glad to hear that it has been suggested by others and that the request has been passed on to the appropriate team.

Board footer