Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-08 08:38:05

**_Alan_**

Make Metting Recordings Really Public

Greetings All,

Is there an (easy) way to provide access to a recorded meeting to someone who did not attend the meeting and to whom I do NOT want to provide passwords to my account e.g. a client who may want to watch the meeting afterwards. I know I can record it and burn to disc but that is time consuming.

I am OK with making the meeting public to someone with the URL but how can I a) know what is the meeting/recording URL and b) enable them to get to it without the passwords.

Step-by-step would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Alan

#2 2008-09-08 10:36:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Make Metting Recordings Really Public

yes there is,

After the meeting is recorded, go back into the server, browse to the meeting room and you will see a link called "Recordings". This is where your recordings live when they are created. Select the link and you will see a listing of all the recordings created in that meeting room. Put a check mark next to the recording you want to make public, and then click the "Make Public" button. After doing that you can distribute the url for the recording and no one will be asked for a user name and password.

#3 2008-09-09 01:27:52

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

You can also move the recording to your Content Library and do the same thing with permissions there (allow public viewing).

The benefit to having is in the CL is (1) you will get a report as to how many views and (2) you can use the Email tool to send the URL and receive a reply email when someone clicks the meeting URL.

#4 2008-10-02 10:26:51

**_gatorgal615_**

Outstanding recommendation.  Thank You.  This is really going to help me with my reporting requirements.

Board footer