Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-03 15:20:58

**_OUKate_**

Created users (vs. LDAP sync) can't enter modules?

Our Connect 7 system was recently upgraded from Breeze 5.1. 99.9% of our users are created via an LDAP sync using their e-mail address as a login. Each user has the same identifying fields -- name, e-mail, employee ID# & manager.

We also had some guest logins created for employees to use prior to an e-mail address being issued. These logins were originally created on our previous Breeze install.

They are all formatted to have e-mail like "roletraining@companyname.com" and do show up in our user lists and groups, but I get an invalid username/password error anytime I try to access a training module using one of these logins.

Any ideas? If they weren't showing up in users and groups, I'd at least have an idea, but I'm stumped.

(edited for clarity)

Last edited by **_OUKate_** (2008-09-03 15:21:53)

#2 2008-09-05 01:39:19

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Created users (vs. LDAP sync) can't enter modules?

Let's start with the basics, are the created users in the Training Managers group or have Manage permissions to the parent folders?

#3 2008-09-05 07:45:07

**_OUKate_**

Re: Created users (vs. LDAP sync) can't enter modules?

No -- they are created only to access specific courses as learners, and are enrolled in those courses only. These "guest users" do not function as Training Managers or content authors.

They are showing up as enrolled for the courses they need to have access to. However, when attempting to log in, I get the invalid log in/password message.

Board footer