Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-08-28 10:10:17

**_joanna_**

Tutorial links don't work

Hello,
In trying to access several of the tutorials listed at http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/ I returned errors.

"My top 15 best practices" error: Could not access file. The file may have been deleted by the owner or you do not have permission to access it.

"Making The Most of Your Connect Pro Event" error: Followed the instructions "The document is available on the acrobat.com share service. The object below is an embedded preview. Click on the menu to download" and still returned an error "The file could not be found or you don't have permission to access it.

Can someone at Adobe check this out and fix it? If the error is on my end can you provide insight into why it's occurring?

Thanks
Joanna Miller
UMass Medical School

#2 2008-08-28 12:00:31

**_astephenssrc_**

Re: Tutorial links don't work

You're not the only one, I had several that wouldn't play for me as well.

#3 2008-08-28 12:28:43

**_dyun_**

Hi There,

My apologies for the embedded documents not working.  We have been experimenting with embedding PDF documents into the tutorial using the new acrobat.com Share application.  The application is in beta and occasionally experiences issues with serving up documents correctly.  I have seen the error you are talking about a few times, but I just tried accessing the documents and this is what I see:

screencap.jpg

Please let me know if you are able to view and download these documents now.

Best,
David

#4 2008-08-28 12:29:22

**_dyun_**

astephenssrc wrote:

You're not the only one, I had several that wouldn't play for me as well.

Are there other tutorials besides the ones above that you have had trouble with?  If so could you let me know which ones so I can fix them?

best,
David

#5 2008-08-28 16:34:22

**_astephenssrc_**

David,

I get the following message when I try to access
My Top 15...
Best Practices for Web...
Best Practices for Using Flash...
Making the Most...

"Could not access the file. The file may have been deleted by the owner or you do not have permission to access it."

Last edited by **_astephenssrc_** (2008-08-29 11:39:12)

#6 2008-08-28 17:20:01

**_dyun_**

Hi Everyone,

Again my apologies for any inconvenience, but I've changed the way that we are sharing these documents in the tutorials and you should be able to access them now. 

Seems as though we've exposed a bug on the Share beta service.  Please let me know if you are continuing to have access issues with these tutorials.

Best,
David

#7 2008-08-29 11:36:29

**_astephenssrc_**

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick response. I haven't had a chance to view all the tutorials yet, but in a quick check they are working from my end.  Thanks for your assistance.

Alex

Board footer