Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-08-28 08:45:39

**_joanna_**

Has anyone used THAT-2 to record audio conference with Connect Meeting

Hello,
In a presentation on the Adobe site, Peter Rice suggests using THAT-2 (telephone handset audio tap) from jkaudio.com to add audio from a teleconference into a Connect meeting. This a way to ensure that meetings without VOIP retain the audio component.

We have tried but been unable to get THAT-2 to work as promised to add audio to a Connect meeting recording. 

Has anyone done this succesfully? Can you help us figure out what we are doing wrong?

Many thanks,
Joanna Miller
UMass Medical School

#2 2008-08-28 12:36:26

**_dyun_**

Re: Has anyone used THAT-2 to record audio conference with Connect Meeting

Hi There,

There is some information on how to use the THAT-2 Device with Connect Pro in this article:
http://www.adobe.com/resources/breeze/m … ng_05.html

While the article refers to Breeze, it is still relevant to Connect Pro.  I am in the process of getting all of this content updated for the latest version.

I hope that helps.  If not let me know and I can try to help you with this further. 

Best,
David

#3 2008-08-29 21:17:03

**_Shelley_**

Hi, Joanna --

One thing we've learned is that if you're using a Windows pc, you might need to go to the Control Panel, choose Sounds, then Manage Audio Devices.  Click the Recordings tab and make sure the correct input device is selected.

In the meeting room itself, you should also be sure to walk through the five-step Audio Setup Wizard (Meeting menu > Manage My Settings > Audio Setup Wizard).  Step two is where you make sure the correct recording device is selected.  I'm not sure why that's not included in the article David sent you to! 

Also, the article says you have to have the Camera and Voice Pod in your meeting room layout.  That's no longer true with version 7.  You should see a Talk button near the lower left of the screen, in the Presenter Only area.  Click the hands-free padlock button next to Talk before you start recording, and your teleconference audio should be captured.

Good luck!  We've messed with all kinds of audio delivery scenarios with ACP for our online seminars in the last two years, and I know it's not intuitive.  Stick with it!

Shelley
MarketingProfs

#4 2008-09-02 13:24:22

**_joanna_**

Thank you very much Shelley and David. I will put the responses together, try to make it work (we are still in v6) and post the outcome.

#5 2009-03-02 20:38:09

**_eaksoy_**

You may check this tutorial for THAT-2 set up:
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

#6 2009-04-01 16:55:46

**_aaron_schuyler_**

We use one. They don't work with some types of digital phone systems and don't work well with others but aside from that it should just be a matter of the settings and switches. Email if this hasn't been resolved and I can walk someone through it. Maybe in a connect meeting room?

-Aaron

Board footer