Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-08-22 12:50:08

**_abkirker_**

help: HUGE ppc file that won't publish to Connect server

Hi
I initially created a Presenter file from a ppt (~56 megs; 80 slides; lots of photos) and it had a reasonably sized ppc file (~21 megs). A few weeks later, some small changes were made (e.g. text on a title slide - no audio changes) and it was republished. This time, the resulting ppc file was HUGE (222 megs!) and gave a "map file view" error upon publishing to our Connect server.  It did, however, play fine locally on the desktop.

Having saved a version of the original 21 meg ppc file, tried linking it to the ppt but it wouldn't take. The error message asked to locate the audio, and when pointed to the original ppc file (all file names staying the same), wouldn't recognize it. Oddly, the older ppc file would disappear after one of these attempts.

Starting over using just the ppt and the mp3 audio files, getting rid of everything else. Used another other option in the error dialogue box to delete (unlink?) the existing embedded audio from the ppt. Then used the "import audio" function to individually relink the mp3 audio files to each slide. But, still yields a monstrous 222 meg ppc file...

Any ideas on how to circumvent this?
many thanks!

#2 2008-08-22 13:34:05

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: help: HUGE ppc file that won't publish to Connect server

So you know Connect has a ~102 MB upload limit, if the published file is larger than that it won't take it, and if you have a large PPC file and are trying to upload it as a source file along with the presenation, it will kick it back as well.

Solutions:
1. Don't upload the source files (uncheck the box on the publish dialog box.)
2. Break your presentation up into 2 or more presentations. You can always put a "Continue" hyperlink on the last slide of a section that links to the next presentation.

#3 2008-09-09 01:51:05

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

consider lowering the image and audio quality setting as well. Not sure if you can slim down 100MB?, but worth a try.

Since many people won't have high-end headphones or speakers with the computer (built-in speakers are likely), we've found no need to have the audio quality all the way up.

#4 2008-09-10 12:58:33

**_lkerardi_**

Try Publishing your presentation locally to your computer as a .ZIP file (be sure the .zip checkbox is selected when publishing to My Computer)

Once published as a ZIP, login to the Connect server and upload the .zip file using the "New Content" button.

The Connect server is smart enough to recognize the .zip file is a Presenter file and it unpackages it accordingly.  This has always worked for me when my presentation is larger than the 100MB file size.

Board footer